exhausted buys a small stone

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
then immediately looks for ways to mod it.

http://home.zonnet.nl/osbruil/stone.html

:D

the stone is great pedal by the way. and it's cheaper (up here) and built way better than the dunlop mxr's.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by exhausted
    then immediately looks for ways to mod it.

http://home.zonnet.nl/osbruil/stone.html

:D

the stone is great pedal by the way. and it's cheaper (up here) and built way better than the dunlop mxr's.

I bought one about 2 weeks ago and love it. Ever use a EH micro-synth? Opinions?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by JofZ
    I bought one about 2 weeks ago and love it. Ever use a EH micro-synth? Opinions?

no, haven't tried that one. sorry. i know that you can get some pretty insane sounds out of it though.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    EX: http://www.fxdoctor.com has a cool modded one you can look at.

JofZ= yes and it's fucking cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79

JofZ= yes and it's fucking cool.

All the sound bites I have heard are really cool. So do I buy a CC2, or the micro-synth. Shit and then there is that cool analog Hiwatt dealy that just came out. I need a loan LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    If you want to be hendrix the CC2

If you want wacked out craziness the micro synth

I think the Hiwatt tape delay while cool is overpriced unless you are a studio musician or touring pro you can get virtually the same sound cheaper with less hassle. (see Hughes and Kettner Replex if you want to get a really expensive delay)

The SIB Mr Echo still intrigues me I'd like to hear it first.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.

it's a pretty easy mod i guess. same type of cap switching that i put on my wah. i'll wait until i decide i want to keep the pedal for sure though before i crack it open. it's really impressively made. EH did a good job on these things.
    is it swooshy?
    is it swooshy?

with the color switch up it's really swooshy. it's a much more pronounced effect that the phase90/100. which isn't exactly what i was going for but it ended being my preference.

color switch down and the rate at about half gives me the swampy thing i was going for though.
    with the color switch up it's really swooshy. it's a much more pronounced effect that the phase90/100. which isn't exactly what i was going for but it ended being my preference.

color switch down and the rate at about half gives me the swampy thing i was going for though.

I prefer the color switch down and the rate a little bit above 50%, its fantastic noise.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

If you want to be hendrix the CC2

If you want wacked out craziness the micro synth

I think the Hiwatt tape delay while cool is overpriced unless you are a studio musician or touring pro you can get virtually the same sound cheaper with less hassle. (see Hughes and Kettner Replex if you want to get a really expensive delay)

The SIB Mr Echo still intrigues me I'd like to hear it first.

Can't I be a whacked out Hendrix LOL
    The Hiwatt is way too expensive, but it has gotten great reviews. I doubt I would ever drop 800 bones on an EFX pedal.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Can't I be a whacked out Hendrix LOL
    The Hiwatt is way too expensive, but it has gotten great reviews. I doubt I would ever drop 800 bones on an EFX pedal.

It's a really good version of those old Roland Space Echos. They are warm rich and lovely but tapes wear and heads get dirty you probably can't find much better echos but It's a one trick pony.

If hendrix had lived longer he'd have been all over EH stuff especially the micro synth.

so you like it better then the Phase 90? I can find them for 50 bucks maybe I should get one too.

I kind of prefer the spinning speaker thing though.
    the stone vs phase 90 debate has been raging for ages. all you can do is line them up and pick a favourite.

i will say that the stone has true bypass and made in USA going for it beyond the sonic argument. of course, the sound is all that matters.
    the stone vs phase 90 debate has been raging for ages. all you can do is line them up and pick a favourite.

i will say that the stone has true bypass and made in USA going for it beyond the sonic argument. of course, the sound is all that matters.

true bypass is an extremely important feature sonically speaking. I was annoyed with the Boss especially when I turned it on and my level dropped.
    It's a really good version of those old Roland Space Echos. They are warm rich and lovely but tapes wear and heads get dirty you probably can't find much better echos but It's a one trick pony.

If hendrix had lived longer he'd have been all over EH stuff especially the micro synth.

I would agree with you. Hey do you know what the Cars use on Moving in Stereo? I thought it was the SS.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

I would agree with you. Hey do you know what the Cars use on Moving in Stereo? I thought it was the SS.

The era fits. Probably true.