computer speakers and 64kbps won't do this justice

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
fuck. nevermind. i can't get the link to work.

just go to this directory is you want.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/music/

it's the first song.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    This is my favorite song of yours that I have heard, I like the pace and everything of it, and the guitar or whatever that is around the two minute mark and later on, very cool!

Is that you singing backup too?

Really good stuff exhausted, as I said, this on only two listens is the best I have heard of your original material, keep it coming please:)
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    very good song. The only thing that bothered me a little was the "patience is a virtue" lyric. I just have something against cliches in song lyrics, especially in cool/crucial parts of a song (they can be hidden well in mid-verse). I don't know, it might just be one of my pet peeves.

Anyway, it was a cool song. I've always like your style.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it used to be "impatience is a virtue" to twist it a bit but no one ever heard the "im" anyway.

plus i change the time signature (this is an old song that i've recorded a few times) and that extra syllable didn't fit anymore.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I understand... like I said, it could just be one my personal pet peeves, and something that doesn't bother anyone else.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    no, i think you're probably right. it's packed with cliche. unfortunately, i haven't been able to rewrite this one like i have others for some reason. the words just seem stuck.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    I wouldn't mind getting out of this town. :( But anyhoo, lovely to hear that you're being prolific again ... if you laugh at that word, think about how things were before, you got rid of your website and sorta gave up for a bit (If I remember correctly).

:)
    hi rocky.

i haven't really become prolific again in that i still haven't written anything in ages.

i'm just rerecording old songs b/c 1) it's more fun than just playing and singing right now 2) i can make better sounding recordings now than i did a few years ago.

i'm not planning on playing live or doing anything with the music. i'm just doing it for something to do. i'm hoping that i shake something loose while recording and can write again too. sometimes that used to happen.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    This is quite good. The voice, the words and the music all come together and blend on this song. [I actually could feel this song without any musical distractions.].
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • yeah ex, I like it man. really good stuff.
    i need synthesizers and a novation bass station, stat.
  • rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Originally posted by exhausted
    hi rocky.

i haven't really become prolific again in that i still haven't written anything in ages.

i'm just rerecording old songs b/c 1) it's more fun than just playing and singing right now 2) i can make better sounding recordings now than i did a few years ago.

i'm not planning on playing live or doing anything with the music. i'm just doing it for something to do. i'm hoping that i shake something loose while recording and can write again too. sometimes that used to happen.

But you're still doing something. Maybe not prolific in terms of writing, but at least it's a hobby again. :) I have vague memories of what was going on in your life at that time, which of course I won't bring up, but your attitude towards yourself in general was particularly nasty (and I was constantly worrying about you). You seem a lot better now.

P.S. MG's new single will be out May 4th. Woo-hoo!
    yeah, i've been following matt's blog (nationofcool was consumed and discarded... surprise surprise...) so i knew it was coming. looking forward to the tour.