Options

check out this weird SG

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah they had some really bad ideas in the 70's.....
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    cool looking guitar if they didnt put the fucking knobs on the top.
  • Options
    Wow
    My brother has that exact same one! ( In the improper right hand configuration, of course!)
    The guitar is great! but looks just as weird righty. I always want to take the half moon piece off when he's not around. That is the first other one I've seen of that one!
    He only has had that guitar and one amp for years. Maybe that guitar discouraged him from ever getting G.A.S.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    If you took the pickguard and jackplate off, it would look pretty cool... wonder if the jackplate can be removed. If it's just a cavity there, you'd be out of luck.

I've had it off, and I think a regular cover would fit but would have to change the screw holes. I ain't touching it. I don't want to change a 1972 weirdo SG at this point.

I learned my lesson when I sanded the gold paint and arched top off my '57 paul!
    Then put the strat pickguard on it. and threw out those old pickups. The dayglow paint, however DOES look cool on it.!

( oh man,,, just for THINKING of that, I'll have nightmares tonight!):eek: :eek:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    ( oh man,,, just for THINKING of that, I'll have nightmares tonight!):eek: :eek:

I'll have nightmares, too... oh, Bob, why? WHY???
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.