Options

ISO: LO2L MRP clear pressing

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited July 2022 in Lost Dogs
Well, got my order from Easy Street today, hoping for an MRP..... and damn I received another United. So anyone with 2 clear MRPs and want a United... I will trade ya. DAMN, I hate ordering blind. I will also buy from anyone that has an extra.

So with that said if anyone has an extra Memphis Record Pressing (MRP3554 in the runout) of the clear LO2L and would part with it, please let me know. Thanks for looking.
Post edited by MedozK on

Comments

• Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 674
    Anyway to find out without opening? Just curious….
    Paul D.
  • Options
    dugangsxr said:
    Anyway to find out without opening? Just curious….
    Nope, only difference is found in the runout information.
  • Options
    CD10302CD10302 Posts: 9
    Is the only difference the pressing plant?? Sound better on MRP?
  • Options
    CD10302 said:
    Pressing plant, and cutting engineer. Not sure about the sound. QC is probably a little better at MPO.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    I'll open mine up and let you if I have one.
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    MedozK said:
    Thanks
    Geez.. I didn't realize there were more than one pressing.  But that was the hardest runout to read ever.  You can barely see it, even with readers.  Turns out I have the MRP. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Thanks
    Geez.. I didn't realize there were more than one pressing.  But that was the hardest runout to read ever.  You can barely see it, even with readers.  Turns out I have the MRP. 
    Yea, MRP3554 is the key. Reading any clear vinyl is aways hard.
  • Options
    Anyone with one that doesn't care which pressing you have, I will buy your MRP and send you a United (since I have two now).

So you get the music + cash!
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Anyone with one that doesn't care which pressing you have, I will buy your MRP and send you a United (since I have two now).

So you get the music + cash!
    Geez, that's a deal!  
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,880

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Any idea if this is same situation with the gold?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    hrd2imgn said:
    Have heard rumors about an MRP pressing of the gold, but only MPO pressings have been confirmed. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    edited July 2022
    mrp here. gold on the way.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Thanks
    Yea, MRP3554 is the key. Reading any clear vinyl is aways hard.
    a rubbing solve that?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,996
    MedozK said:
    hrd2imgn said:
    Have heard rumors about an MRP pressing of the gold, but only MPO pressings have been confirmed. 
    My clear is MRP, but my gold is MPO. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    CD10302 said:
    Pressing plant, and cutting engineer. Not sure about the sound. QC is probably a little better at MPO.

completist then? otherwise I fail to understand why you want each pressing?

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited July 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    CD10302 said:

I have MRP but I wouldn’t want a united as a second 

probably doesn’t work the same way in reverse 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    CD10302 said:

I enjoy taking different pressings / cuts, and listen to them for differences. A cut of the exact same master from 2 different engineers can sound different. Thats the reason that certain engineer cuts of records are more sought after then others.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    CD10302 said:

I enjoy taking different pressings / cuts, and listen to them for differences. A cut of the exact same master from 2 different engineers can sound different. Thats the reason that certain engineer cuts of records are more sought after then others.
    is discogs showing the two separate pressing plants?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    CD10302 said:

Yes

United - https://www.discogs.com/release/23615804-Pearl-Jam-Live-On-Two-Legs
    MRP - https://www.discogs.com/release/23703440-Pearl-Jam-Live-On-Two-Legs

EU - https://www.discogs.com/release/22421284-Pearl-Jam-Live-On-Two-Legs

All 3 different cuts
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    CD10302 said:

Yes

All 3 different cuts

interesting. the mrp is selling for $42?

united for half that.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MedozK said:
    CD10302 said:

Yes

All 3 different cuts

interesting. the mrp is selling for $42?

united for half that.
    I think that has to do with the stigma of United's QC. My United pressing was fine, except for a slight warp. But I think the warpage issues have been across all pressings.

To buy an MRP pressings off Discogs the seller would have to open it, if they are selling sealed records as MRP pressings, they really dont know what they are doing. A lot of sellers on there just find a listing that matches the barcode and list it. I have had LOTS of sellers come back to me when I ask questions about specific pressings and say... "oh, mine isn't that exact pressing". It took me FOREVER to find the MPO Vitalogy reissue.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    Take a picture with your phone and then zoom in when looking at  it
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Tried a rubbing,  text it too fine.  Camera phone prezoomed, vinyl angled in the light worked perfect

Rotated pic and played with exposure on gold disc

Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:
    Tried a rubbing,  text it too fine.  Camera phone prezoomed, vinyl angled in the light worked perfect

Rotated pic and played with exposure on gold disc

Yea, I have only seen MPO pressings of the Gold version. Supposedly someone said they had an MRP, but It was never confirmed.
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    I got a MRP from my local shop.  They had a bunch leftover.  Do you want me to see if they still have any?  I would assume their entire order would be the same pressing?
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    Does anyone else's side 3/4 record have two side 4 stickers on it?
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited July 2022
    carbon436 said:
    Mine just has two stickers each on both sides 

they are correct though. No idea what the ones underneath are 
  • Options
    carbon436 said:
    Mine are accurate but they aren't stuck all that well.  They are bubbly.