Options

i think i'm going to try to buy this

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2375430288&category=22669&rd=1

just trying to figure out if it's a good deal or not. sure would be handy. the electronics stores here really really suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the SPDT's are worthless but other than that that's a good deal. I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    actually, they aren't. you can use them to do cap or resistor switching in a pedal. they're toggles, not stomps.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    actually, they aren't. you can use them to do cap or resistor switching in a pedal. they're toggles, not stomps.

Oh, I didn't see that, then by all means... probably has all the stuff you'd need for the DS-1
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Oh, I didn't see that, then by all means... probably has all the stuff you'd need for the DS-1

scanning through small bear's price list, it's a good deal. i'm going to go for it. i really could have fun with this.

i can prototype a fuzzface now once i get some germaniums.
  • Options

i can prototype a fuzzface now once i get some germaniums.

It's a little early for Germaniums now. If you plant the seeds now, you can put them out in the late spring in a sunny location. They are pretty pink flowers though!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    It's a little early for Germaniums now. If you plant the seeds now, you can put them out in the late spring in a sunny location. They are pretty pink flowers though!

HIYO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Lay off the Pledge Bob! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Lay off the Pledge Bob! :)

I know! Gawd, I have to go operate a vehicle now!

You guys have a good one!
    Be kind, man
  • Options
    ah, i got both batches of parts. fun fun.

time to build some pedals.
  • Options
    sweet. should be fun.
  • Options
    once i get the stuff and take stock of what exactly, i've got, i'll pick out some projects.

i want to clone my class A boost
    i want to build an LPB-1, a fuzzface and maybe a distortion+ for fun.

and i want to mod my big muff and the DS-1. maybe the small stone.
  • Options
    TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    not a bad deal for a variety of parts. the dual breadboards mounted on the piece of metal will be handy.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    not a bad deal for a variety of parts. the dual breadboards mounted on the piece of metal will be handy.

yup. i really wanted the breadboards. i'll still have to buy a few things i'm sure but this will be a good start.
  • Options
    once i get the stuff and take stock of what exactly, i've got, i'll pick out some projects.

i want to clone my class A boost
    i want to build an LPB-1, a fuzzface and maybe a distortion+ for fun.

and i want to mod my big muff and the DS-1. maybe the small stone.

is that class A boost fairly simple?

good circuits to start with though. i've built up a ff and dist+ before. its fun to breadboard and change out components to see what happens.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Options
    is that class A boost fairly simple?

good circuits to start with though. i've built up a ff and dist+ before. its fun to breadboard and change out components to see what happens.

the class A boost is very simple. 2 caps, 2 transistors, a diode, 5 resistors and a pot. and some of that is for the LED indication. it's a variation of the LPB-1 i think.
  • Options
    the class A boost is very simple. 2 caps, 2 transistors, a diode, 5 resistors and a pot. and some of that is for the LED indication. it's a variation of the LPB-1 i think.

wow, really simple. i found an LPB-1 schematic. its just a commom emitter amplifier. doesn't get much easier.

what transistor types are they? 2N5088?
  • Options
    not sure. i'd have to look tonight. the LPB-1 is.

i'm still going to have to order the odd thing from small bear but that's ok. i can get switches, boxes and LEDs and stuff locally at least.
  • Options
    not sure. i'd have to look tonight. the LPB-1 is.

i'm still going to have to order the odd thing from small bear but that's ok. i can get switches, boxes and LEDs and stuff locally at least.

i like small bear. steve daniels is good guy to deal with.
  • Options
    i like small bear. steve daniels is good guy to deal with.

he's going fulltime on SBE now too so it should be even better.
  • Options
    oooo ooo oo.

i'm talking to myself but i'm going to build an mxr blue box.
  • Options
    oooo ooo oo.

i'm talking to myself but i'm going to build an mxr blue box.

Love the blue box. I hear it so much more now. That first solo in Ghost sounds like it, that fuzzy octave down. Then lots of Zepplin tunes etc. It's cool.
  • Options
    i've decided to build a blue box and a fuzz face with bias control first. then go from there.
  • Options
    well, i decided the first thing i'm going to build is a distortion+ clone since these grab bags i bought have most of the stuff (the IC and the pots etc.) that i would need. i'm going to experiment with different components so in the end, it probably won't sound like a d+.

i made the box tonight. ugly, but it'll do.
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/GCPedals/blue_meanie.jpg
  • Options
    cool I think it looks.

pretty it is.
  • Options
    Very cool

I'm never going to a music store again! Can I just keep buying stuff from you guys?

GCP and Shannon pedals.

Although will you be CBP? Cheery Budgie Pedals?
    Be kind, man
  • Options
    thats great! did you just spray paint the enclosure?

i did. but i decided it looked like crap so i've sanded it off again.