new song - last one for now

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/music/06%20-%20golden%20age.mp3

pardon my keyboard playing and the fact that i have to use a tamborine since i have no drums. :o

all the guitars tracks, save for one acoustic track and one that is my rickenbacker, were done with my new dot. what a great guitar.

the cd's done now. i think i'll just put it all up on the net rather than burning cds for folks. unless someone really wants one i guess. it'll take me a few days to get labels etc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pretty cool Greg I like it. Very catchy. Hope you're happy with the CD, lots of good songs on there man.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    thanks man. the song is a bit filler-esque but it'll do. i don't know if i'm happy with the cd overall or not. i have no objectivity when it comes to my own stuff. luckily i have nothing riding on it so it doesn't matter much. :)
  • I think my favs are If I said, Waking dream and Asleep at the wheel. Diggin on Christina at the moment though.

You could look into posting 1-2 on garageband.com if you were interested.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    As always you mix your music well. You actually surprised me with the pace and the edge, the vareity in your playing is getting more noticeable from song to song. I know at some point you'll invest in a drum machine, however, the tamborine kind of complimented your singing style. Speaking of your singing, I can tell you were FEELING this song and it came across. I really like this.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by eddievedder1977
    I think my favs are If I said, Waking dream and Asleep at the wheel. Diggin on Christina at the moment though.

i actually left those off the cd since they are old songs that i've had on earlier discs.

i'm probably going to finish them up though and just put them back on the web soon once i add keys etc. to them.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    As always you mix your music well. You actually surprised me with the pace and the edge, the vareity in your playing is getting more noticeable from song to song. I know at some point you'll invest in a drum machine, however, the tamborine kind of complimented your singing style. Speaking of your singing, I can tell you were FEELING this song and it came across. I really like this.

thanks pure. i used to have a drum machine but i actually found it cumbersome and limiting. for example, i wouldn't have been able to program the bridge for this song at all.

i need to find someone that can program to do loops for me or something.
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    i actually left those off the cd since they are old songs that i've had on earlier discs.

i'm probably going to finish them up though and just put them back on the web soon once i add keys etc. to them.

Thats cool. I must have missed "Come clean" but I just downloaded it, good stuff man. I really like the chorus, very catchy.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    thanks pure. i used to have a drum machine but i actually found it cumbersome and limiting. for example, i wouldn't have been able to program the bridge for this song at all.

i need to find someone that can program to do loops for me or something.

Your a do-it-yourself type of guy try these sites, I'm sure you'll find something that will fit with your programs.

http://www.homerecordingconnection.com/links.php?ax=list&sub=3&cat_id=3

http://www.tigerbill.com/subjects/dsoftware.htm
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    i really liked fruity loops after getting used to the interface but unfortunately, it doesn't run on my computer that well so it would have to wait until we can get a new one.

i will have a look at some of these though. thank you.
    i've rerecorded a guitar part and improved the mix on this one. sorry for the bump but if you've downloaded the old one, you might want to replace it.