my stupid resonator project is done

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
despite being a dick, the tech did a good job of installing the humbucker. i didn't have the tools to cut the route. so i did everything except that part of the job.

it actually sounds pretty cool with the piezo and humbucker blended together. lots of amp tweaking needed though.

pic 1
pic 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    fuckin sweet.

looks cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Nice looking guitar.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • No pup ring?

Looks good... flip it upside-down and give it to me.

Are the two outputs on two jacks, or a single TRS?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    mini HB pickup rings haven't the mounting screws like conventional ones so there's no way to mount them to the body in this case.

two separate jacks since the piezo is active and has the preamp in the endpin.
  • exhausted wrote:
    mini HB pickup rings haven't the mounting screws like conventional ones so there's no way to mount them to the body in this case.

two separate jacks since the piezo is active and has the preamp in the endpin.

Ah... too bad, it would look a little cleaner with a ring. More like an old hollowbody electric. It still looks damn good.

So, endpin for the acoustic and side-jack for the electric?

I've often thought about my to-be-determined acoustic/electric... I want a magnetic pup and an acoustic system (contact pup or LR Baggs) in one guitar, and separate outputs. I'm thinking of putting it all on a TRS jack and having a breakout/ABY box custom-built for it. I'd make it so that the acoustic system would work with a phono plug. But just using two separate jacks would be a lot less expensive...
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i shouldn't really say endpin since it's not mounted at that location. i mounted both jacks side by side about halfway between the tailpiece and the pots.

the nature of the tailpiece ruled out putting any jack there.

the stereo jack is a good idea and it would be a cool system but i think it gets dicey if active electronics are going to be involved. i think i'd tend to have the separate jacks and use a stereo cable and a couple y adapters instead of a breakout box. i guess it depends on how much control you want in your hands or whether you just place it all at the mixing board.
  • exhausted wrote:
    the stereo jack is a good idea and it would be a cool system but i think it gets dicey if active electronics are going to be involved. i think i'd tend to have the separate jacks and use a stereo cable and a couple y adapters instead of a breakout box. i guess it depends on how much control you want in your hands or whether you just place it all at the mixing board.

True, true...

It'll probably end up being two jacks, and I can build my own loom-cable. If I get the Epi J-160, it'll already have the magnetic pickup, controls, and jack for that, and I can just add an acoustic pickup and use an endpin jack.

I'll probably have my own amp for the magnetic pup, and then send the acoustic pup to either a DI or an acoustic-type amp.