Song request/dedication for my grandmother - Hyde Park 1/2

edgesredgesr Posts: 52
My family suffered the loss of our grandmother at the grand age of 94 this past Saturday. She broke her leg at age 90, which would have written off a lot of people her age, however her inner strength and resilience pulled her through until this weekend. She had a tough spirit and fought as hard as she could with the help of my own mum, who had been caring for her for the past 4 years. Unfortunately time caught up with my nan the past few weeks and she passed away peacefully surrounded by family in her own home.

During her final hours we sat around her bed reminiscing about all of the fun we had and light she brought, whilst listening to music she would have enjoyed. Just Breathe came on about an hour before she passed and the lyrics reminded me just how lucky we were to be able to say goodbye and cherish her final moments together. It also happens to be the song that got my mum into PJ and still remains one of her favourites.

I would be eternally grateful if Just Breathe could be dedicated to my mum Sarah and my dear nan Denise, both of whom mean so much to myself and my family. My mum is such a special person and sacrificed so much in order to take care of her own mum whilst working full time at the same time. As Just Breathe was one of the last songs my nan heard it would be a fitting tribute to the woman we all loved and continue to love so much. I am attending both Hyde Park shows with my partner and will be thinking of them both throughout the nights.

'Meet you on the other side' - Denise 1928-2022

Sam
Manchester 2 - 2012
Milton Keynes - 2014
Krakow - 2018
London 1&2 - 2018
Hyde Park 1&2 - 2022
Amsterdam 1 - 2022