remember kids. read the manuals.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
don't finally bother to learn how to use all the onboard effects on your recorder 3 years after buying it.

d'oh.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    But manuals are so darn stinkin' boring!!!!!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I dunno...

I've had much better luck finding out how to use my gear to the fullest extent by using it for a while, read the manual, use it a while, read the manual... it's a constant process. I'll read the manual, find out ten things I didn't know how to do, learn how to use three of them. Then the next time, I'll find ten different things I didn't know how to do, learn three of them.

It can be very overwhelming to begin with, but if you add a bit at a time, it's much easier to get a good grasp on things.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • This is indeed good advice :)
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I dunno...

I've had much better luck finding out how to use my gear to the fullest extent by using it for a while, read the manual, use it a while, read the manual... it's a constant process. I'll read the manual, find out ten things I didn't know how to do, learn how to use three of them. Then the next time, I'll find ten different things I didn't know how to do, learn three of them.

It can be very overwhelming to begin with, but if you add a bit at a time, it's much easier to get a good grasp on things.

that's how it happened. i hit a certain combination of buttons and kaboom. i learned a shitload. and then i went to the manual to see what i did and how to save it. and it saved me a couple rack units i was thinking of getting at some point.

my next recordings are going to sound so good. except the singing and guitar playing. :o