Options

Thumbing My Way to Hyde Park….

southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,008
….from Johannesburg, South Africa. 

Hyde Park this year will be my 17th and 18th shows. In 2018 I missed the second night at the O2 as Eddie was sick and had lost his voice. I was meant to take my friend Selvin who lives in the UK on Night 2 and was devastated that it was cancelled. My friend and I were then going to meet in Amsterdam in 2020 to see the band but then Covid hit. I am so excited that he will finally be seeing Pearl Jam with me for the first time on Friday and Saturday at Hyde Park. These things are expected and I consider myself very lucky that I can still travel to see my favorite band and they can still travel to perform for their fans in these difficult and unpredictable times. We are all getting older too as I share a birth year with Eddie. It’s the first time I will be attending a festival as all my other shows have been concert shows. I realise the setlists are shorter than what they used to be and festivals sets are shorter sets anyway,  but I’m not bothered as I am just so happy to be in London and to be able to see the band live again. There is nothing like Pearl Jam live. 

I would love to hear one of my favorite tunes which is Thumbing My Way. I see that there is a call for Light Years as well and that would be amazing too considering all the hardship, suffering and loss that we have all been through in the last few years. I too have lost some very near and dear to me.  

But for me just being at the shows is more important than any request being honored by the band. 

Thank you Jeff, Stone, Ed, Matt and Mike. 

Forever grateful for enriching my life with your music. 

I wish you well on the rest of your European tour! 

All my best. 

Mags 
rustedsigns