Options

New Zealand has feelings too!

charmbcharmb Auckland New Zealand Posts: 1
For our little country (New Zealand) who's weather system seems to mimic that of Seattle- and for those who are now in our late 40's-early 50's.....we were right there amongst the grunge era and it has stuck to us through the years. I identify with that era and have PJ melodies, lyrics and piano cords engrained in my brain. We are very bewildered to think that PJ may not remember that there are two countries who have grown up through tough years with their (Pear Jam's) music dragging us up and out of anger, depression, suicidal thoughts, grief, lonliness, controlling parents, abuse, self harm, toxic marriages, etc etc......who NEED NEED NEED to see and hear that Pearl Jam feels for us and is willing to connect with us at ANY level. We miss you. We need to see you live! We need your love! You are an extremely important part of my history and many other NZ'ers and Australians. Please don't forget that we grow hard out fans who have been shaped by PJ music, and everything that PJ and Eddie Vedder stand for. We may be all getting old and wrinkly, but we certainly would turn it on if PJ were ever to remember us and come visit. You can all stay at my house even, and I will feed you and hug you all. Too much? Fuck...we need you down here!! PLEEEAAASSE?? I don't have time to proof read this because I have teenagers that apparantly need feeding every night- sorry if I have ranted

Comments

• Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 304
    Don’t worry, they are a comin……..
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 803
    You could probably say that from the point of view of most countries not in western Europe or North America. Sure we've had less than 10 gigs here and would love to have had more but there are places with hard-core fans that have not and will never get one. So I try to be grateful that we got any. Hope you have managed to see them up till now regardless. Travelling to see them is always an option-and makes for a great set of memories. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    nah, we don't want 'em.  
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    edited July 2022
    Enzed said:
    nah, we don't want 'em.  

:o