my cd cover

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
well, the cd is like 2 months from being done thanks to work, wedding etc. but at least i finished the cover today. not that i put much effort into these things.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/music/cd_front.jpg
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/music/cd_back.jpg

like? no like?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• FancyFacadeFancyFacade Posts: 330
    no--sorry
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    too bad. i ain't changing it. :p
  • FancyFacadeFancyFacade Posts: 330
    well, that's the spirit--
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    looks very cool in my opinion ;)
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    very canadian :)

It's cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    i like the front... i like the concept of the back too... but looked a little blurry. Did you record it on your own PC?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
    it's fuzzy because my camera is quite cheap but i kinda of like the fuzziness. still not decided for sure though.

i didn't record the music on my PC. it's done on a tascam 788 8-track recorder.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    Cute.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Did someone say Canadian?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    I'm kind of suprised one of the pedals didn't make the cover.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i might try a back cover with the pedal pile instead..... we'll see....

or perhaps like a cartoon drawing of a small stone or something.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i might try a back cover with the pedal pile instead..... we'll see....

or perhaps like a cartoon drawing of a small stone or something.

That crazy avitar you used to have would be cool for the back too I think, How about a pedal pile (studio shot) for the reverse of the front cover?
    i shall see what i can do. i'm limited somewhat due to the lack of a good colour printer so i have to be careful to have shots with lots of contrast.
    ahh, alas, the joys of being in college with a Powermac G4 and all the free ink and pages I wanted......

you could always outsource it if you get to detailed but the simplicity is cool anyhow and very indy/canadian :)
    if this was actually going to be more than 3 or 4 copies, i'd get it printed properly but since it won't, i'll settle for the HP inkjet.

i spend a few hour tonight bouncing tracks and getting ready to do the piano parts and final mixes. my ears are tired and i'm only half way though.

i never thought i'd want a 16 track until tonight just to avoid bouncing.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    I like it!
    The pile of pedals IS a good idea though. Maybe with the car mixed in with them?
    Your music is really good, too, exhausted. Good luck, man.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    thanks pure.

by the way, the new matt good record is out up here:

http://www.maplemusic.com/product.asp?dept_id=567&pf_id=565-29&lang=EN
    bump so pure sees that the matt good record is out dammit!!!!!

and the tracklisting for mine changed. now it's 7 new songs rather than some new versions of old stuff.
  • SwanSwan Posts: 350
    haha, It's very original...what kind of music do you play?
    I'm the only Hell Mama ever raised.
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    very nice exhausted:)
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
    Originally posted by Miracle
    haha, It's very original...what kind of music do you play?

i honestly have no idea. just pop/rock i guess.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    bump so pure sees that the matt good record is out dammit!!!!!

and the tracklisting for mine changed. now it's 7 new songs rather than some new versions of old stuff.

No more bumping I bruise easily. I saw it and thank you. I'll end up having to order it on line, not in stores here as of yet.

When are you going to start sending your cd out? You still have the address, if not let me know.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    No more bumping I bruise easily. I saw it and thank you. I'll end up having to order it on line, not in stores here as of yet.

When are you going to start sending your cd out? You still have the address, if not let me know.

i don't think he's got US release at all on this one.

i still have to do keyboard tracks for 3 songs and do final recording of a new song from last night so i'm still 2-3 weeks away from being fully done. i don't know if i'll be sending it out at all. i still haven't decided what to do with it, if anything.

i'll be tied up most of july and august with work (out of town) so i doubt i'll be able to pursue anything.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    i don't know if i'll be sending it out at all. i still haven't decided what to do with it, if anything.

Ok I'm lost on this, but whenever you make a decision, keep me on the list of how to acquire.
    i just don't know if i'll like make 5 copies for myself or bother "mass" producing it.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Ok I'm lost on this, but whenever you make a decision, keep me on the list of how to acquire.

i reall ylike it. especially the cover. the back though, for some reason..doesnt work as well. what else would you do ? i dont know..same concept...but somewhat...
    ill shut up

i like it
    i don't think he's got US release at all on this one.

i still have to do keyboard tracks for 3 songs and do final recording of a new song from last night so i'm still 2-3 weeks away from being fully done. i don't know if i'll be sending it out at all. i still haven't decided what to do with it, if anything.

i'll be tied up most of july and august with work (out of town) so i doubt i'll be able to pursue anything.

if you decide to do anything with your cd exhausted, I would like to get it, so if you have a list or anything, please put my name on it, thanks:)

Jason
    Originally posted by JDE-PJ
    if you decide to do anything with your cd exhausted, I would like to get it, so if you have a list or anything, please put my name on it, thanks:)

will do. if i decide to let people have it i'll post about it here.
    will do. if i decide to let people have it i'll post about it here.

dank je!

Jason