15.NOT FOR YOU
    16.PORCH

ENCORE

17.BLACK
    18.GIVEN TO FLY
    19.ALIVE
    20.YLB
    21.ROCKING IN THE FREE WORLD
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Was it a full YL? Or was it the partial version again?
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    wozza77wozza77 Posts: 274
    Just realised not one cover 
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    Just 1 Cover
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    NWOntario said:
    Was it a full YL? Or was it the partial version again?
     full 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Pretty boring setlist again 😕
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,519
    Wishlist DTE Not For You combo 🤘👍
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    At this point Leaving Here should be a regular part of the setlist. So glad to have gotten it at Phoenix. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    I don't mind the hits. But I do mind the lack of Gigaton. I would hope to got a show and get at least 5 songs - at least. I think of all the songs that get retired after an album tour and regret not seeing more. Man, I wish I could've gotten Nothing as it Seems, Soon Forget, Gonna See My Friend, Infallible to name a few. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 244
    CP218430 said:
    I don't mind the hits. But I do mind the lack of Gigaton. I would hope to got a show and get at least 5 songs - at least. I think of all the songs that get retired after an album tour and regret not seeing more. Man, I wish I could've gotten Nothing as it Seems, Soon Forget, Gonna See My Friend, Infallible to name a few. 
    I agree with you.  Best setlist so far was the very first show in San Diego, had 8 Gigaton songs.  Next best was the 2nd show LA1 with 6 from Gigaton.  Since then it's only been 3-4 from Gigaton.  The disappearance of RVM is really bizarre.  We get Porch every night as a first set closer.  RVM being off Vs. is just as much of a "hit" as Porch.  Vs. sold a ton of copies as well.  PJ20 documentary was just on TV and the segments about the "great variety live" and "every night is different" just are not true anymore.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    17 staples out of 21. Not leaving much room for variety. Nothing from 5 records. This new formula is a big departure from what we’ve become accustomed too
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    This is a festival, don’t sweat it too much. There’s still chance of Frankfurt type shows if you’re seeing them at an arena. Seeing the Copenhagen set list will be interesting.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,219
    Hard stop with the festival excuses. Look at 2016 Pemberton, telluride, NO jazz festival and Bonnaroo.  Those were festival sets in the sense that they are shorter sets not for lack of song mix. Every show has become a greatest hits show, festival or not. This is fantastic for the fans who see the band once every 15 or 30 years. Not ideal for the regular crowd that spends money on the band. Wonder if it changes when the money dries up. 

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,778
    Hard stop with the festival excuses. Look at 2016 Pemberton, telluride, NO jazz festival and Bonnaroo.  Those were festival sets in the sense that they are shorter sets not for lack of song mix. Every show has become a greatest hits show, festival or not. This is fantastic for the fans who see the band once every 15 or 30 years. Not ideal for the regular crowd that spends money on the band. Wonder if it changes when the money dries up. 

The festival excuse is not legitimate anymore. It’s disappointing to say the least. I wish we knew the reason behind this decision. I’m sure the shows are great in person because of all the crowd interaction during their biggest songs but it seems they ALREADY ditched a lot of gigaton. 

***they don’t owe us anything blah blah be grateful blah blah covid blah blah. I know. I know. 
  • Options
    I'd hang fire a little. See where we are at after Copenhagen, Budapest and Krakow. I'll be at two of those shows so fingers crossed the sets get better. 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Of all albums I’ve listened to Gigaton the least and would take any song from Ten over any song from Gigaton.
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 278
    CO278952 said:
    Of all albums I’ve listened to Gigaton the least and would take any song from Ten over any song from Gigaton.
    It's always nice to see new songs in the live environment tho. Some songs that you may not be that interested in can take on a new life in the live setting. I'd be delighted if they crack out 5/6 Gigaton tunes at Hyde Park this weekend. 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Not playing Who Ever Said is baffling 
    Beat song since Riot Act
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 278
    jdopj said:
    Not playing Who Ever Said is baffling 
    Beat song since Riot Act
    I seem to recall that Getaway didn't get many outings on the Lightning Bolt tours. Or Gonna See My Friend on the Backspacer tours. Odd how opening tracks have been relatively overlooked.
  • Options
    CO278952 said:
    It's always nice to see new songs in the live environment tho. Some songs that you may not be that interested in can take on a new life in the live setting. I'd be delighted if they crack out 5/6 Gigaton tunes at Hyde Park this weekend. 
    Agree, would be delighted if we got the whole album across the two nights!
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    I'm only going to one show and I'd be happy if they played all of Gigaton and a bunch of standards there ... unfortunately I think it'll be 3-4 Gigaton songs and a bunch of standards
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    tino_11 said:
    I'd hang fire a little. See where we are at after Copenhagen, Budapest and Krakow. I'll be at two of those shows so fingers crossed the sets get better. 
    LOL... I like your confidence but it's not likely they will depart from the new pattern 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    edited July 2022
    nicknyr15 said:

The festival excuse is not legitimate anymore. It’s disappointing to say the least. I wish we knew the reason behind this decision. I’m sure the shows are great in person because of all the crowd interaction during their biggest songs but it seems they ALREADY ditched a lot of gigaton. 

***they don’t owe us anything blah blah be grateful blah blah covid blah blah. I know. I know. 

I chuckle when we get the don’t owe us anything comments.

PJ created us wanting variety, not the other way around, they were the ones who worked tirelessly  for their live reputation of never knowing what’s coming next. Maybe it’s just a by product of the two year break, but they’ve had long breaks before. They  could have taken their 2.5 hour set from 2018, cut out most covers and some long stories, and have a shorter / close to two hour set with surprises, yet they chose to change the set list dynamic in favor of somethin mostly for the casual fans.

edit, four year break,  ah hem, I can count.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    edited July 2022
    nicknyr15 said:

PJ created us wanting variety, not the other way around, they were the ones who worked tirelessly  for their live reputation of never knowing what’s coming next. Maybe it’s just a by product of the two year break, but they’ve had long breaks before. They  could have taken their 2.5 hour set from 2018, cut out most covers and some long stories, and have a shorter / close to two hour set with surprises, yet they chose to change the set list dynamic in favor of somethin mostly for the casual fans.

The mixing up of the setlists is the reason I planned on doing 12 (two cancelled so far) shows this year. Now with travel being a giant fucking mess and the sets not changing much at all if I had known all of this when we booked in 2019 and 2020 I would never of done as many long trips this year. It is what it is and I am still excited and grateful to see these guys play, I just would have done it less. I am also surprised at the length of these shows especially after most of us holding tickets for 2 and half years. 

People that are not traveling far for shows and only doing one or two this year and are ok with these sets thats great! I am happy for you. That said would you be ok with spending thousands and thousands of dollars (and losing thousands of dollars due to cancelations) to hit 10 shows this tour?

Seeing a varied set as well as seeing some beautiful cities we would not normally hit is the reason we are doing these crazy trips. Me saying that about the sets is not me whining or me being entitled or ungrateful. That is me saying why I am hitting so many shows. If your reasons are different great!

Lets see what Copenhagen and the rest of the tour brings! 

Edit: Also I should add the whole travel mess that is going on bums me out way more than the sets. So when I say I would travel less it is the total package of the trip experience not just the sets. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,778
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea those “they don’t owe you” comments and be grateful are the absolute worst. They literally groomed us to expect a certain type of live experience and now that it’s completely changed, we shouldn’t mention it?
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Yea those “they don’t owe you” comments and be grateful are the absolute worst. They literally groomed us to expect a certain type of live experience and now that it’s completely changed, we shouldn’t mention it?
    Yeah i kind of agree with you.  The relationship with the band and the 10c is transactional.  We give them money, they give us a product.  they established prior to this tour that a show ticket purchase would produce a near three hour set.  We have the right to question why the product was cut by 33% without explanation.  If the Merch chasers only get 66% of what they buy at the stand there would be a mutiny.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

well said bud.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,219
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The worst part is they have the balls to sell 2k to 5k "Premium" seats for a product that we reasonably expected would mirror past years.  At most the current product is like $100.  IN the words of Ed - much to be done - by the band and all.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

well said bud.
    Yup. Agree on all of this. 
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    edited July 2022
    Maybe since they haven't  played in 3 years much they need to practice MO Code . Yeild .Binerral.Riot Act. Avocado 🥑. BackSpacer, Lightning  Bolt .rarity  type songs . And Slowly  ease into it 
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014