got my launch pad tonight.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
paco, thank you for the recommendation. this thing is awesome. i'll write a bit of a review tomorrow.

here's the guts.
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/launch%20pad.jpg

and my new chain.
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/pedals.jpg

in a nutshell, if one doesn't like this pedal, one doesn't like the sound of his amp cranked and needs a new amp.

it's dead quiet and has plenty of gain for what i need. my BD-2 is pretty much obsolete but i'll still use it when i'm using my POD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ok so um, what does it do?
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I thought you would like it. :D

now I have to buy one damnit. From all I've heard Deluxes should ship with this thing.

You can't beat it for what 100 bucks either.

David Barber is a really cool guy. He dosen't seem to be trying to rape people on prices either.

I want to try the tone press as well. I think I'll get a launch pad on your recommendation, have you tried it with the LP custom yet? I'm interested to see if it sounds good with humbuckers.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    fixed the pictures.

anyway. it sounds fine with the LP. it's totally transparent so it's fine with humbuckers. it's just more gain.

i'm using it more as a channel combiner than a strictly A/B box. when it's off, i get my vibrato channel set for clean. when it's on, it's blending in the normal channel with boost. this lets me keep a bit of reverb in both modes. i'm still playing with the ratios a bit but it only sounds bad if the amp sounds bad in the first place.
    Originally posted by evenflowrocks
    ok so um, what does it do?

it's an A/B box / channel combiner with clean boost on one of it's outputs.
    awesome!

so it's basically dual op amps with some voltage doublers to make it super clean and transparent. Makes a lot of sense. I bet it's one of the best clean boosts you can buy just looking at the specs and what's inside. Glad to hear it sounds great with humbuckers too, that can be rare in the "clean boost" world. My DD does a good job but it still has the mid hump. Then again I play an orange, It's already got tons of mids because it's british so evidently I like the mid hump.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    considering that it's cheaper than pretty much every boutique clean boost out there, it's probably worth it.

i'm not exactly sure how you'd hook it up to the orange though. do you have more than one input? i'm not sure how it would be used as just a clean boost on the one channel. i'll try that tonight.

you could use a Y-cable maybe.
    http://www.barberelectronics.com/LaunchPad.pdf

you use to plus channel to feed the amp.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    http://www.barberelectronics.com/LaunchPad.pdf

you use to plus channel to feed the amp.

perfect. i'd skipped that part of the instructions last night.

i say go for it if you think you want it. it'll pretty much replace either your rat or your DD. probably the DD.
    yeah, but a tubescreamer is basically a blues essential I think, that fatness is always nice on strats anyway. I'll probably keep it or sell it and get one of the ones from Telesonic. I'm not sure about the rat yet.
    yeah. that makes sense. i know i'm going to keep my BD-2 around just in case for the same type of reasons.