F2F process?

fgalpernfgalpern Posts: 214
Apologies in advance if this has been covered in another thread. There are so many, I couldn't find it.

I am wondering how F2F works in this scenario, this is for Nashville tix…

1. online stranger messages me offering tickets at a reasonable price
  2. they say that once payment is made, they will send me the tix through TM and attach the payment receipt
  3. they want me to pay through Zelle, CashApp or PayPal
  4. they say once payment is made, they will send me the tix through TM
Am I wrong about this seeming like a scam? Shouldn't I be paying them directly through TM?

Thanks for any advice or help!
10C Member # 6,9XX - from 1992 to Present, attended 40 shows and counting...

Comments

• fgalpernfgalpern Posts: 214
    Reading a bit more about this stuff and it seems like there is no way to sell tickets directly to a specific person with F2F. Can anyone chime in to help me decide whether to buy these tix or not?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    DO NOT DO THIS. What you are describing is a scam. All fan to fan transactions are conducted entirely through Ticketmaster. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Thanks, JimmyV. Can you explain the steps I would need to take to buy a specific set of tix from another fan, that is not yet listed on Ticketmaster? Or, is this just not possible?
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,814
    edited July 2022
    This is a scam that many have been falling for, most commonly for MSG and Nashville shows.

The only way to get a pair for Nashville is
    A) Refresh the Ticketmaster page nonstop and hope someone releases a pair of tickets 
    B -  Try and coordinate a fan to fan drop with someone who has them to sell.  You would agree on a time where the seller would list them and try to be ready to get them

Nashville is an incredibly high demand show, and it is going to take some time and effort to get tickets.  I expect them to be released more frequently in the 2-3 days before the show as some people will not be able to go last minute.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    Thanks, Weston1283!
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    I may sell my Nashville tix. Seriously considuring based on the current format. Anyway if you are interested in them let me know
  • goblues82goblues82 Posts: 260
    DEGBTI said:
    I may sell my Nashville tix. Seriously considuring based on the current format. Anyway if you are interested in them let me know
    Interested!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    This is a scam that many have been falling for, most commonly for MSG and Nashville shows.

The only way to get a pair for Nashville is
    A) Refresh the Ticketmaster page nonstop and hope someone releases a pair of tickets 
    B -  Try and coordinate a fan to fan drop with someone who has them to sell.  You would agree on a time where the seller would list them and try to be ready to get them

Nashville is an incredibly high demand show, and it is going to take some time and effort to get tickets.  I expect them to be released more frequently in the 2-3 days before the show as some people will not be able to go last minute.
    Yikes.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited July 2022
    So basically fan to fan isn’t fan to fan in a logical sense. That’s misleading 

it’s fan to platform, platform to fan. Right? 
    TM is like the consignment shop as you aren’t selling tickets back to them either 

Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    I think the inability to sell your tickets to a particular person is a feature for the band, not a bug. Feels like spreading tickets around has been a goal and they are trying to discourage people from hoarding tickets and trading. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,901
    JimmyV said:
    I think the inability to sell your tickets to a particular person is a feature for the band, not a bug. Feels like spreading tickets around has been a goal and they are trying to discourage people from hoarding tickets and trading. 
    I don’t see anything wrong with people upgrading as things move along but those with multiple sets on multiple accounts need to be careful because plenty of tickets will drop closer to the shows and premium pricing especially could leave you overpriced.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore