Options

deluxe reverb 4 life

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i borrowed a new limited edition blues junior tonight (the brown one with the jensen).

i love my DR more now. this is my sound. DR on 5. BD-2 for a bit extra hair. the blues jr was good. but not good enough.

i played another noisy pro junior as well. no go. and i played a mesa F30 again. no go.

i'm now convinced that i'll be playing a DR for the rest of my life and one day i'll pick up a real deal 65 original.

oh. and i finally got the rest of my plugs to finish my pedalboard. it looks and sounds great.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/pedals2.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Pedalboard looks great, Ex.

I hear ya on the DR, though... no reason to let go of a good Fender. Get the original when you get the chance, though... and keep it tucked away in the studio, let the RI do the dirty giggin' work.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Pedalboard looks great, Ex.

I hear ya on the DR, though... no reason to let go of a good Fender. Get the original when you get the chance, though... and keep it tucked away in the studio, let the RI do the dirty giggin' work.

i wasn't going to dump the DR. i was looking for a complimenary dirty amp.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i wasn't going to dump the DR. i was looking for a complimenary dirty amp.

Look for an old Silvertone or something old and cheap like that...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice pedal board Ex. Did you have to get extensions on the power cables or are they all that long?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice pedal board Ex. Did you have to get extensions on the power cables or are they all that long?

You're not the only one that loves deluxe reverbs.

That's not a bad tone to lust after.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    62strat62strat Posts: 638
    great looking pedal board. i do love hte fender deluxe as well. it seems like it would be alot easier ot manage then my twinr everb..../

i like my twin because its a little bit more edgy...

anyways...

your pedal board....i need cables and chords like yours, where can i get some? are those rightangle ones easy to work with? ? looks like thos chords are thinner, more manageable...mine is shit...and are your pedals attached with velcro?
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I know what you mean once you are comfortable with an amp, it is hard to get into something else.

Carmen Ghia for life... so simple yet so tasty.

BTW, we will have a soundboard copy of our Friday night show... recorded on minidisc... once I get the CD, let me know and I can email tracks to those interested. It was a good show, great energy from the band... not as clean as we have played, but the best energy in a while... good crowd too, (100+ the whole night)...

This was the setlist:
    > train kept a rollin' -> fortunate son
    > spoonful
    > hey joe
    > rebel rebel
    > about a girl
    > jumpin' jack flash
    > unglued -> seven nation army
    > pride and joy (for tracy)
    >
    > +++++++++
    >
    >
    > kick out the jams
    > sex type thing
    > black
    > strange brew
    > sweet leaf -> day tripper
    > little wing
    > i got shit
    > the girl i love, she got long, black, wavy hair (i do declare)
    > sympathy
    >
    > ++++++++++
    > come together
    > hoochie coochie man
    > rocking in the free world
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    the power cables are long enough to get everywhere. those are the ones that came with the pedal power. i made one extra to run the 9th pedal off the TU-2.

i bought the plugs at an electronics store here. they're just cheap ones but switchcraft makes them too. #228 is the model i think. i just used normal guitar cable so it's a little thick but it works.

i couldn't justify buying the george l's.

the pedals are just attached to the board with velcro.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i borrowed a new limited edition blues junior tonight (the brown one with the jensen).

i love my DR more now. this is my sound. DR on 5. BD-2 for a bit extra hair. the blues jr was good. but not good enough.

i played another noisy pro junior as well. no go. and i played a mesa F30 again. no go.

i'm now convinced that i'll be playing a DR for the rest of my life and one day i'll pick up a real deal 65 original.

oh. and i finally got the rest of my plugs to finish my pedalboard. it looks and sounds great.

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/pedals2.jpg

My DR is my favorite amp ever, right now. It's like the way a guitar amp should sound. I'm to the point that I want to make another DR into a dirty amp. Put a less efficient weber in so it's not as loud, and I can have one on 3, the other on 5 or 6.
    I'm liking 2 things a lot for dirty right now also.
    My 1 watt Martone tube amp.
    My Telesonic overdrive pedal. I am really liking it. I have it going into my ts-9 that I had modded, it has a clean boost built into it that is a little dirty. That into the DR on 3 is sweet.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart