Behind the stage seat

RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
Maybe a dumb question, but can anybody tell me something about a seating-spot behind the stage? I've seen it a few times, specially in North America. 
Is it bad, is it fun for once?

Regards,

Robbert

Comments

• droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,430
    I sat behind the stage at MSG Night 1 in 2010. It wasn't that bad and it was actually interesting to see what the band sees when they play. Is it my preferred location? No. But it certainly beats not being in the building!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    I enjoy behind the stage seats. It's a cool perspective, but a lot depends on the stage setup and where your seats are located. There was a thread a few years back where people were posting photos from behind the stage. Some were great, some were awful.
  • weremin23weremin23 Posts: 311
    My favorite place to sit. I know I’m in the minority there but compared to being on the other side facing the stage from an arena away, it’s much better.

cool to see all the workings going on behind the scenes too. Crew is always busy. 
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,333
    I've done it once for PJ.  I would only do it again if it was my absolute only chance to get in the arena.  Like previous poster said though, if you're into the behind-the-scenes stuff with the crew, you'll be happy.  My experience was spending all night looking at the backs of the band and all the smiling faces in the crowd singing along.  Sound was actually good.  there are usually speakers facing the back
  • mcg.j.seanmcg.j.sean Posts: 71
    I’d take lower bowl really close to behind the stage (first few rows) over anything past the blue line on the other side. When you’re near the other end of the stadium you’re looking at screens mostly anyways. At least when your close behind your looking at the band. Just look at some of the NA 2022 vids. Some of those behind the stage seats look awesome because they’re so close imo. 
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Have always wanted to see a show from behind as most indoor venues in Australia do not have the 360 view. It would be great to see the goings on of the crew from above & the crowd as well 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24