Options

Porcupine Tree

Closure/Continuation is out today. Snagged a copy of the deluxe edition.

Actually thought it was going to be a CD-sized pack but it's the same size as a vinyl record. Has a nice book with lyrics (including the bonus tracks) and pics. There's another sleeve thingy where the CDs are-it looks nice but given it's just that it seems too flimsy. Probably a pain in the arse to pull out and listen to the CDs (unless you have a mint setup for the Blu-Ray disc to make it worth it) and you'd be constantly worried about sitting on the bloody thing and accidentally folding it.

I didn't have the decade long drooling anticipation other fans did as I got into them during the pandemic (they're my lockdown band). So I got into them, was disappointed they weren't together or making music then pleasantly surprised this album came along. But I'm almost done with my second listen and it sounds like it's pretty great. I don't hear any filler (though seven tracks implies it's a lean beast), and the long songs are still interesting. Only thing I'm disappointed about is that I won't catch them live and this upcoming tour could well be the only time I'd ever be able to as a fan. C/C definitely showcases the talents of all three musicians (yeah disappointed Edwin isn't involved but that's another story and for all we know it could have negatively impacted on the album, or the ability to make one) and man Gavin Harrison is just sublime.

Thoughts? Be interested to see what long term PT fans think of it especially. But hell even if you don't know them, they're such an interesting band.
Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
London 2007
Brisbane 2009
Stockholm 2012
Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
EV Dublin 2017
Milan 2018
Padova 2018
Boston 2 2018
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 643
    I have the deluxe vinyl set with 2 extra songs, the extras are on par with the album tracks for me. What I like is they incorporated the extra tracks (on the deluxe vinyl) into the album, so the album closer remains the same rather than tacking them on the end.

I really like it, not really any new ground for them but it's still high quality music. And the production/mix/mastering is immaculate as usual! 👍

1 downer.....I wish they'd have put all 3 extra tracks on this vinyl edition as they're all good