exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
exhausted's new bass player :D

mmmmmm. synthy bass......

this thing kills the OC-2.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Put some lip stick on her and I guess she'll do, how's she track?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    tracks wonderfully in the polyphonic mode. i did two bass tracks tonight and i'm really happy with it. nice stable low frequencies without sounding like a real bass (which is what i was going for). and now you can do a bit of chording with it as well. the settings in the picture are my "bass simulation" settings.

and tracks poorly (for bass lines) in the OC-2 mode but no more poorly than my old, real OC-2.

-poly mode for bass lines
    -OC-2 mode for solos
    -and i haven't had a chance to test out the drive mode yet much but it sounded pretty good in the store.

and best of all, no lag at all like the whammy suffered.

my band is complete; a laptop on drums, a pedal on bass and me on guitars.
    Cool, I can't wait to see you guys live, put me on the guest list.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i'm going to try to snag an old PS-3 pitch shifter as well.

the combination of the OC-3 and the PS-3 > whammy.
    ooo, nuts to the PS-3, i just found a microkorg synthesizer on ebay canada. hmmmm, i'll have to talk to my fiance about this one. she wants a digital piano.

i love my band. no one talks back.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    ooo, nuts to the PS-3, i just found a microkorg synthesizer on ebay canada. hmmmm, i'll have to talk to my fiance about this one. she wants a digital piano.

i love my band. no one talks back.

wow, man you definately have a flair for the different sounds. YOu should probably look up a Korg Karma while your at it. They sound great with the DL-4's
    i found a triton LE here in calgary. that might make both me and the fi happy.

i'm getting heavily into loops and synthesized tones right now. probably from listening to too much muse and gomez.

but it's way more fun for me right now than traditional sounds. and it's stretching me more as a musician.

edit: ixnay on the triton. the ebay ad is mucho fishy.
    :) You're 3 steps away from an Akai APC 3000