clawing back pedals i've traded away over the years.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
danelector fab-tone. just won it for $18.50. horrible pedal. but it was my first stompbox so it's a sentimental thing.

danelectro cool cat. won for $32. never had one but they sound so sweet that i couldn't pass it up. i'll have to see how it compares to the CE-2.

i just need to get my hands on another dan-echo now. unfortunately, they're in demand so the prices are higher.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I dig the fab-tone actually, I wonder what a cap upgrade would do for it you know?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i honestly want to find a way to *reduce* the gain that it has. or at least, expand the gain range on it so that the lowest settings aren't quite so psycho.

should be a fun feedback generator when used with the dot.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i honestly want to find a way to *reduce* the gain that it has. or at least, expand the gain range on it so that the lowest settings aren't quite so psycho.

should be a fun feedback generator when used with the dot.

my thoughts exactly damn you have no Idea how much I want a hollowbody, probably what it needs is bigger caps to open it up you know. more volume less gain, although it is a distorton pedal but if it can be done with the rat...........
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Funny... I just got rid of all the pedals I've hung onto over the years, convinced I'd have a use for them...

I'm cutting down to the stuff I know I'll use.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    seriously look into a dot. if you can search through a few and find a sweet one, it's well worth it. even though they are cheap. a new nut and new pickups and you're laughing.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Funny... I just got rid of all the pedals I've hung onto over the years, convinced I'd have a use for them...

I'm cutting down to the stuff I know I'll use.

i did that too. but then the shelf just keeps growing and growing. there are things i definitely don't miss (DD-5, PH-3, CH-5 etc.) and others that i really do (memory man, dan-echo etc.).

i guess i'm just collecting a bit. someday, the kids will find a box in the attic and go apeshit i suppose.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    i've played that cool cat before. its a pretty good chorus.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    i hoping the speed on the cool cat gets a little faster than the CE-2.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i hoping the speed on the cool cat gets a little faster than the CE-2.

ever try the H20?
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    ever try the H20?

nope. i avoid visual sound though i'm sure it's good.