mesa boogie 20/20 EL84 power amp - $500US at least
alesis midiverb4 rack effects - $200US
ART PB 4x4 rack conditioner - $50US
SKB 4U rack case - $100US
avator stereo 2x12" cab with greenbacks -$350

total: $1600
add 15% for shipping/taxes etc.

$1840

the moral of the story? i'll buy another combo someday.

there are 11 tubes to maintain in that setup too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    geez why not just re buy the Blue Angel?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    You have exceptionally good taste. I'd love to have a matchless but realistically I remember loving those Rivera Chubsters. Rivera designed so many of the custom shop fender amps along with Zinky It'd probably be a great compliment to the deluxe but any of those would be. Of course I like orange. Never heard the Bad Cats yet.

I think the AD30R or it's Matamp equivalent should be considered the amp for Brit Pop they sound fantastic with thinline teles and well pretty much anything.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    some day i'll come across a perfect compliment to the DR. hasn't happened yet though.

these are all fun to look at but i don't think i could ever drop that much cash without playing something.
    I am a huge rivera and orange fan. Every time I think I'm tired of the Orange I turn off the attenuator I can not say enough about how nice they sound. But I really like the looks and versatility of the chubsters. More stuff to play with. 900 bucks is a bargain for that amp looks great sounds great.
    it's unfortunate that the shop i deal with really only has fenders, mesas and marshalls these days. they haven't even brought in an AC30 in ages.

and the place that does carry the oranges, matchless, bad cats etc. is overpriced and owned by a dick.
    Most botique shops and really salesmen for that matter are extreme elitist dicks. Drop a grand or two in there, they warm up real nice. I think Mesa did a really good job with the F series though. They have tons of new models coming out recently.

You could always get a road king :D
    bah. i'll just get a really really good, wide range distortion pedal and use the normal channel of my DR as my dirty amp.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    bah. i'll just get a really really good, wide range distortion pedal and use the normal channel of my DR as my dirty amp.

http://www.foxroxelectronics.com check out the Zim.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    http://www.foxroxelectronics.com check out the Zim.

we have a winner!!! i'm listening to the clips.
    pretty cool huh. You don't get much more wide range or flexible than that. Plus I know Dave used to sell blank fuzz cards so you can design your own for the CC2. I'm pretty sure he'll do that for the zim if you ask.
    now i have to see what else i can compare that too. that's almost perfect though.
    I can't think of anything to compare it to really.
    i'd love to have a fuzzcard popped into channel a. that would be swell.
    i wrote dave about availability. he's got 4 right now but he's working on 8 different cards for it and doing a bunch of tweaks based on feedback from people. maybe i'll wait and see what kind of card options he comes up with.
    cool. I'm thinking of one eventually myself, but first I think I want a CC2.

He's seemingly always coming out with a new box or tweaks from feedback from folks. I like Dave a lot.
    i just can't decide. i have a couple options.

i could dump my keeley BD-2 and get a ZIM for both OD and distortion.

or i could just get a keeley DS-1.

i'm trying to fill the hole between my BD-2 and my big muff.

and i really love the BD-2.
    i just can't decide. i have a couple options.

i could dump my keeley BD-2 and get a ZIM for both OD and distortion.

or i could just get a keeley DS-1.

i'm trying to fill the hole between my BD-2 and my big muff.

and i really love the BD-2.

well, personally I think the DS-1 or Rat will fill that hole nicely. The Keeley Rat is more like a late 70's early 80's Marshall with the DS-1 I think being slightly more modern. I like my Rat a lot but the DS-1 is 50 bucks cheaper now. I thought you were building a DS-1? The problem is there are so many cool pedals on the market.

Hmm, I wonder what the Keeley Flux Driver sounds like it looks cool anyway
    i mortally wounded my DS-1 :o
    i mortally wounded my DS-1 :o

Ha, that's to bad. I haven't begun the Wah project either. Musictoyz has a Clyde for $170 I think I might go that route.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    What, no Top Hat? I'm hurt.

You want the dirty twin for the DR? Get one of Paco's AD15's. Both are little combo amps with a single 12". And the DR will stay clean at 22 watts, matching that to 15 watts being driven. I'd say that's perfect.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    no top hat dealers around me. the guys that have them bought them in so cal. They kick ass though. The wonderboy is a cool overdrive too.