SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,915
Pearl Jam
Landgraaf, NL
Pinkpop Festival
European Tour 2022
06/18/22
Show
Set List

Intro music 9:66 (Phillip Glass Metamorphosis)
Band Onstage: 9:37
Band Offstage: 11:39

01. Even Flow
02. Why Go
03. Low Light
04. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
05. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
06. Superblood Wolfmoon
07.  Wishlist (Ed improvs lyrics about wishing he lived in Amsterdam and lists all the things he would do and likes, like ‘living in a country without any guns, I think we have had enough. He sings a “thank you” and says we are all friends)/Waiting On A Friend-Jagger/Richards (only played about 20 second or so. No lyrics just the guitar melody)
08. Throw Your Hatred Down-(Young)
09. Lukin
10. Corduroy
11. Quick Escape
(Ed speaks very emotionally about his friend Søren Venema who passed away last year.  He owned Palm Guitars.  Ed relates how you had to earn Søren’s trust before he would sell you and instrument.  Ed has many instruments from Søren in his home studio and feels like his friend is there with him)
12. Sleeping By Myself
13. Given To Fly
14. Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall part 2-(Waters) about 1:30 lyrics and music
15. Jeremy
16. Don’t Dream It’s Over (intro to Better Man.  About 40 seconds.  Just played the chords and sang “don’t let them win” and another line)
17. Better Man/Save It For Later (with some improved lyrics)-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
(Ed reminisces on riding the camera crane into the crowd. Footage of the event is shown on the screens while Ed is talking. The cameraman Rob Van Rijn (sp) comes out and says a few words.)
18.  Porch
Encore Break
19. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters)
20. Street Fighting Man-(Jagger/Richards)
21. Alive

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates. Thank you!
Thank you, John for the set list & notes.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    GP11767GP11767 Posts: 7
    Comfotably Numb-yah!!!!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    Welcome back to the stage!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Meh
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    Great show, the band was super tight and the chemistry between the members looked good. Not a legendary show but a solid festival set.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    Red Lukin said:
    Meh
    One mans meh is another mans gold 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    Weird, not KISS nor Pearl Jam played "Let me go Rock and roll" yesterday.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Standard set and cant wait to hear the Stones cover.
  • Options
    THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    I liked that more wah wah from Mike on Even Flow! 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Did Eddie happen to say Street Fighting Man was an “OTO”? Man, that’d be an awesome cover to get into the rotation here and there. 
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Red Lukin said:
    Meh
    A band who used to mix it up now plays the same shit every night.  Yeah so great 
  • Options
    jadakidjadakid Posts: 64
    Red Lukin said:
    Red Lukin said:
    Meh
    A band who used to mix it up now plays the same shit every night.  Yeah so great 
    I know right? A band who has busted their ass on tour, played many legendary shows and given fans unique setlists for 30 years, has decided to settle down a bit, play a few less songs a night and run through a setlist that fans new and old can still enjoy. How selfish. 
  • Options
    cjoreacjorea Posts: 69
    I don't know about "meh" here - seems like something even the diehards would be happy for at a festival show...

But the comment about "a band who used to mix it up..."?!??!

Hahaha wow - that has to be one of the strangest setlists ever...... with the band doing a double take when Eddie comes in with a smile on his face.

And "same shit every night"?!?! - have they ever even played Street Fighting Man? 

I'll keep it civil, but perhaps find something better to do with your time... and/or focus that energy somewhere where we can all benefit from.

Kindly.
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 142
    I like it it's the setlist thread but you're not allowed to comment on the setlist :-)
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 142
    But seriously the setlist is basically the same the whole tour and that's fine I still go to shows I went to the 3 Ohana's shows and 3 in California but they were all very similar but the band sounds as good as I've ever seen them so I think that's just where people get a little disappointed they're traveling spending tons of money to support the band and those unique setlist every night are hard to beat
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    I just want to hear Pearl Jam songs, at a Pearl Jam concert. Dont care for covers, regardless of who or when they were last played. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    Kearn5y said:
    I just want to hear Pearl Jam songs, at a Pearl Jam concert. Dont care for covers, regardless of who or when they were last played. 
    Yes. Especially when the sets are almost 1/3 shorter. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    nicknyr15 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Yes. Especially when the sets are almost 1/3 shorter. 
    Yep, spot on. Guns N Roses are even worse for covers. If they extend their set, its to play covers. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    Garth Brooks played a 32 song set in Foxborough last month with 16 covers lol
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 199
    Impossible that all will be pleased - I personally am loving the fact that the band is going with a different opener for every show in 2022 and more importantly, by most fans account, they seem genuinely happy to be on stage playing together.  Not many bands can say that after 30+ years.  So has it changed, of course, like everything - but there is still so much to be thankful for.  If this was 2020 - we would have paid for Eddie to read the phone book - and than bought the variant vinyl version for $85 with shipping and been grateful...lol  All is good - if someone doesn't like it, than that's ok as well and they are entitled to their opinion.  This happened with No Code - "It doesn't sound like Ten" - sometimes people just need to move on - just stop the complaining - Creed is playing in Wichita, KS Friday night if that suits you - lol.
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 900
    it is interesting that if you aren't stoked on the set list you automatically are not thankful, a real fan, need to move on, ect. I think what is being said is the majority of songs played during this tour, lets say 80%, are played every night, regardless of where they end up in the set list. Yes, each show has had a couple randoms, but most are the same songs each night. So if you travel, you may be a little bummed to hear the same concert from the venue before, that's all. Just an observation, not a complaint.
  • Options
    LL624LL624 Posts: 43
    I should have went to Europe. Real posters and not having to listen to Klinghoffer as the opener. Win-win. 
    Although those set-lists are quite vanilla this time around. 
    "Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify." --Henry David Thoreau
    "Compassion is the basis of all morality." --Arthur Schopenhauer
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,281
    Garth Brooks played a 32 song set in Foxborough last month with 16 covers lol
    I thought for sure you were going to say that he played Friends In Low Places 32 times!  (only song of his i know)
  • Options
    FE55353FE55353 Greenville, SC Posts: 63
    I got to see my favorite band at a festival in Europe because of work!!
    For the positives, it was the closest I have ever been to the stage for a Pearl Jam show. The sounded very good, which hasn't always been the case. They played a Stones cover they hadn't played since 94. They played Corduroy and Even Flow, which they have played at all of the shows I have seen. Overall, it was a great experience and concert in a foreign country surrounded by people there to hear music and party. 

For the negatives, people in the Netherlands are aggressive bike riders. All of the signs were in Dutch which made navigating a little difficult and they ran out of the annual bucket hats. Other than that it was an experience everyone should have. 

"If you are listening to this bootleg in Alaska, open the front door." Eddie Vedder 10/8/00

Alpine Valley: 6/26/98, 10/8/00, 6/21/03, 9/3/11 Target Center: 6/30/98
    Summerfest: 6/30/06 Music Midtown: 9/22/12 Wrigley Field: 7/19 & 7/20/13, 8/20/16
    Charlotte: 10/30/13
    Greenville: 4/16/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Wrigley Field: 8/20/2016
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 741
    edited June 2022
    We bike aggressive because we can.
    Its a way of life
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    Damn not even 2 pages
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I think the band should release a new t shirt on tour that says "we're here for a good time, not a long time, setlist chasers need not attend". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    Damn not even 2 pages
    I forgot the euro tour was starting.  I would gladly pay money for a show with this setlist.  Hope everyone enjoyed it.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so did I! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 928
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com