we wondered about mods to the reissue TS808s

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
from mr. keeley's site.

"TS808 pedals coming soon! Please don't email and ask when, I never know when Ibanez ships, only when they arrive at our shop. Thank you! Mods to these will be needed. Why you ask? Because it will be the exact same sound as any TS9 pedal, only with a JRC chip, so it will still lack bass, have little gain range, not as high in fidelty as it can be, still need improvements to the bypass system, etc."

this isn't really surprising. we all knew the reissue has basically only aesthetic appeal since the circuit's been around forever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    from mr. keeley's site.

"TS808 pedals coming soon! Please don't email and ask when, I never know when Ibanez ships, only when they arrive at our shop. Thank you! Mods to these will be needed. Why you ask? Because it will be the exact same sound as any TS9 pedal, only with a JRC chip, so it will still lack bass, have little gain range, not as high in fidelty as it can be, still need improvements to the bypass system, etc."

this isn't really surprising. we all knew the reissue has basically only aesthetic appeal since the circuit's been around forever.

:D Business is business. Imagine people paying 200 bucks for that thing. Could you really expect more from Ibanez? They found a good way to use what they had and make a hell of a lot more profit. Probably costs them 2 bucks more to make than a TS9
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Well, here ya go...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040308141119150131025216778108/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/150343/

$170. Not bad... but certainly not great, either. I agree with Paco, though... like, what, $2 more to manufacture? That's worth $70 extra? Puh-LEEEZE.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.