new stuff in the time away

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
new stuff, pictures to follow in a couple days......

pod xt..... with fx junkie pack.....
epiphone biscuit resonator guitar......

new website.... http://minorlith.net

that is all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    lots of good stuff there, not just new stuff

:)
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • So, what's the switcher-box on the DS-1? And it looks like the pedalboard has shrunk some, too...

And how's married life?

Good to see you back, Greg...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    good to be back.

it's a feedback pedal. the same thing as a total sonic annihilation or a krok. it's just a pot that sends a portion of the DS-1's output back to the input. makes strange sounds that are completely malliable with the volume knob, pickup switch, DS-1 settings... pretty much everything changes the sound.

the beginning of "yard signs & flags" uses it just for noise. i used it for the solo on "if i said" too if you want to hear it.

since i got the pod XT, my fiddling with different pedals is pretty limited. what you see on the board are my standard sounds now. the rest, and really weird stuff, i do with the pod and the fx junkie pack in it. there is an effect called "tape eater" which is just amazing. but it's got 50+ effects in it.

i'll probably never buy another pedal.

i had a traynor YCV50 EL34 amp for about a week but couldn't use it (too loud) so i just went back to pod.
    married life is good. we're both doing well.

and my epiphone dot now has 57 classics in it. oh yeah.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    exhausted wrote:
    pod xt..... with fx junkie pack.....

drools....

i haven't been able to play my guitar for 6 1/2 months now and I'm going thru major withdrawal!! I keep hearing sounds in my head or songs I wanna play!! Then there's always that urge of just wanting to wail!

sniff sniff

anyways you got some reeeeeaaaaaal nice gear going there! Out of curiosity how much does a pod xt with fx junkie pack normally run? I'm still trying to convince myself i need that line 6 delay you have....I think the next thing i'll get is a boss rc-20 looper tho.I think i could use that more than another delay but still it would be nice having all those options...
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
    the pod xt just dropped in price. it only cost me $350canadian. the bass xt was $370. they used to be 600 or something.

the model packs are $50US each or $100 for all three from line6.com. there is a classic amp model pack and a metal amp pack as well but i had no interest in those.

hoenstly, the fx pack makes the DL4 slightly redundant but i have my dl4 set up with the expression pedal. i can't do any real time stuff with the xt (and don't really want to drop hundreds for a floorboard just for expression.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Finally made it and was able to stay on your site. Really nice. Haven't listened to most of the songs, YET. Have you worked out the percussion parts? You seem to have enough for your cd project, so when can we expect you to start packaging and shipping. Congratulations on the marriage and everything else new going on that I missed.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    i still haven't made any headway in the percussion arena. i'm trying to create some interesting loops to write songs around though.

i have no plans for a cd. it's not worth the effort and expense. i may, however, look at selling downloads from the site though. like 192kbps mp3s. people could, if they know how, save the 128 kbps .wmas and .movs i have there now though so i doubt even a download store will happen. both of those formats can easily be converted into mp3.

then there is the tax and legal aspects of doing such a thing.
    regarding downloads.

i've started a thread on my forums to gauge interest:

click here
  • exhausted wrote:
    and my epiphone dot now has 57 classics in it. oh yeah.

I picked up a cheap Cort Explorer a while back that I've been in love with, I just picked up a Hot '57 for the bridge and a Classic '57 for the neck, they're gorgeous pickups (even if mine are Epiphone models)... wax potted, nickel/gold covers, very creamy. The guitar is pretty solid, straight neck, good hardware. I've always wanted an Explorer, and now I have a good one for about $200 invested.

A friend of mine is looking at a Squier Jagmaster, a mix between a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster, with two humbuckers. Thinking about Kent Armstrong PAF pups, open-coil in the bridge and covered in the neck. Any thoughts?
    jagmaster's have a bit of a cult following thanks to that mars volta/ATDI dude i think. i've never played one though.

how's the variax working out? i'm such a line 6 whore.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I picked up a cheap Cort Explorer a while back that I've been in love with, I just picked up a Hot '57 for the bridge and a Classic '57 for the neck, they're gorgeous pickups (even if mine are Epiphone models)... wax potted, nickel/gold covers, very creamy. The guitar is pretty solid, straight neck, good hardware. I've always wanted an Explorer, and now I have a good one for about $200 invested.

A friend of mine is looking at a Squier Jagmaster, a mix between a Jaguar and a Jazzmaster, with two humbuckers. Thinking about Kent Armstrong PAF pups, open-coil in the bridge and covered in the neck. Any thoughts?

I'll have to appologise for the shit I gave you on the Variax, sure, I find it ugly, but damn the thing sounds pretty good and you can get a ton of tones out of it. Glad you found an Explorer. I'm still trying to piece together the perfect strat. I've been perusing the Kinman pickups isle lately.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    Good to see everyone back again... I was gunna start a thread regarding everyones what new toys everyone has got since the board has been down... I picked myself up a nice Tony Iommi SG, all black and love the crucifix inlays... awesome for rythym and some stoner type solos, but not so good for bluesy faster solos... kick ass guitar though. feels great to play
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    exhausted wrote:
    regarding downloads.

i've started a thread on my forums to gauge interest:

click here

done deal.
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
    JDE-PJ wrote:
    done deal.

thanks for feeding back on it.
  • exhausted wrote:
    how's the variax working out? i'm such a line 6 whore.

It's lost a little of it's initial novelty, but it's still a solid guitar. I keep wanting to replace the neck with a Warmoth strat neck, but that's a lot of money for a beater guitar. But I still love the sound... especially the acoustic sounds. The electric sounds are great, too, but it's better than any electric-emulating-an-acoustic I've ever heard. I'd be really tempted to try their new Acoustic modeler, or even better, the forthcoming Bass modeler.

Pacomc79 wrote:
    I'll have to apologise for the shit I gave you on the Variax, sure, I find it ugly, but damn the thing sounds pretty good and you can get a ton of tones out of it. Glad you found an Explorer.

I always say, "Don't knock it 'till you tried it." It's not the holy grail of guitars, and will never replace any of the guitars it models. But as a back-up or bar-gig guitar, it's perfect. The tones are realistic and expressive, the feel is pretty good, and it just plays and sounds good. It is ugly (the main reason for wanting a different neck) but it is what it is, nothing more.

I am loving the Explorer... it was cheap but in great shape, very playable, and with new pickups, it sounds great. You wouldn't know it was a $200 guitar just by the sound, for sure. But it's really just a beater, or rather a guilty pleasure.

The Strat will come in time, my friend...