small bitch about fruity loops way of business....

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok, if you want to sell product, it's not a good idea to limited your user forums soley to people who have bought product.... i'm trying to figure out how well it'll work with what i'm getting and of course, there are 36 threads about it but i don't get to read any of them.

so, no fruity loops for me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    mmmm.....

froot loops.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Probably their asinine way of keeping software pirates from gaining access.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    probably. even though there are cracked version of FLstudio everywhere.

the mbox came with ableton live which is a lite version sequencing program. i'll see how that does for now. it's expensive for the full version but this might keep me going for a while.

i don't want really complicated rhythm tracks. i'm not even going to attempt to make anything sound like real drums so i don't need anything too pyscho.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i don't want really complicated rhythm tracks. i'm not even going to attempt to make anything sound like real drums so i don't need anything too pyscho.

You could always pick up a used Casio keyboard at some garage sale... they have tons of preprogrammed beats and adjustable tempos... that would be a cheap fix!

A friend of mine uses Frooty Loops, and he likes it... if you want to PM me some questions, I could pass them along to him.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i want other sounds though. like white noise and whatnot. the old yamaha i have has horrible drum beats but they don't enter into the "so bad they're good category". they're just bad.

i'd just like to know if the rewire functionality in FLstudio jives with protools.

i guess it's not a big deal, i can just import 2-track wavs into a stereo track in protools but then, of course, you are stuff with the mix of that rhythm for good unless you reimport on a new track and fiddle with the sync'ing. which may not be that hard. i just don't know.

problem is i'm dealing with the hypothetical here. i should probably just shut up and wait until the system is here and running.