Meeting Phoebe Bridgers, only barely PJ related

fgalpernfgalpern Posts: 214
edited June 2022 in The Porch
Ok, first things first, the only part of this story that involves PJ is that I was wearing a PJ shirt when I met Phoebe Bridgers on the street last week in Portland, Maine, a few hours before her show there.

I was walking around downtown Portland when I saw her and her fiancé walking towards me. I was too freaked out to ask much more than "Would you mind taking a picture?" I explained that my daughter and I were going to the show that night, said thanks, really nice to meet you. She replied "Yeah, Fred, good to meet you too, see you and your daughter tonight!" We couldn't believe when she did that small shout-out onstage after Kyoto. If I could rewind, I wish I would have had the presence of mind to Facetime my daughter or asked Phoebe to record a video greeting for her. Oh well, the pic and the memory are pretty great and the show was just so, so good.

rphoebebridgers - Met Phoebe walking around Portland a few hours before the show She was so nice I think Im the sweet dad she mentioned instant that night after she played Kyoto

I shared this story in a Reddit Phoebe fan group and got some great replies. The best was about my PJ shirt…

Anyway, that's it, just a fun little story with a tiny bit of PJ in it.

10C Member # 6,9XX - from 1992 to Present, attended 40 shows and counting...
Post edited by fgalpern on

Comments