fixed up my TR-2

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i had my TR-2 tremolo modded for rate, volume and waveform by indyguitarist but i wasn't thrilled with the final results. so i fixed a couple things.

i readjusted the rate range back to something closer to my amp tremolo. he had the range set too high so it could get slow enough and was unusably fast on the top end. it's just a resistor so it's not a big deal. fixed that.

and he'd fixed the volume drop but it has a bit of a boost to it afterwards which i didn't like. so i put the output volume on a pot and mounted it on the case. most good trem pedals have volume control.
http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/TR-2%20volume%20pot.jpg

i used the 20K pot out of my dead DS-1.

the waveform mods that the guy did are quite good in that the wave is no longer so perfectly robotic. i like my TR-2 again. it still doesn't beat amp tremolo but for more extreme, choppy trems, it's really useful.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice, I think all pedals should have a level control.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have to finetune the volume pot a bit b/c if it's cranked right up, it affects the bypass for some reason but other than that it's good.

i wasn't at all please with the mods before but now that i've got the rate range back to normal and can find unity gain, it's much better.

he still should have done the circuitry upgrades that keeley and analogmike do though.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i have to finetune the volume pot a bit b/c if it's cranked right up, it affects the bypass for some reason but other than that it's good.

i wasn't at all please with the mods before but now that i've got the rate range back to normal and can find unity gain, it's much better.

he still should have done the circuitry upgrades that keeley and analogmike do though.

yeah, well we wonder why Keeley and Mike charge so much. It's pretty fair when you consider what you get I think for most of thier stuff.

Sucks you have to fix what that guy was supposed to be fixing for you.

yours looks a lot better than Keeleys with the funky knobs though
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.