Tenclub/Ticketstoday refund challenges - advice and suggestions appreciated

DMADMA Posts: 2

I am writing this to see if anyone has had any experience similar to this and have any recommendations on how to get a resolution.  These are in reference to Ten Club tickets purchased for the 2020 Gigaton Tour with a credit card that I closed sometime in 2021.  Below is a timeline of my experience.

1/20/2020 - charged $242 by Ticketstoday for March 2020 St Louis show to Chase credit card account 

December 2021 - closed said Chase account used to purchase card for reasons unrelated to this purchase

3/21/2022 - requested refund via email to Ticketstoday customer service email.  According to refund instruction email from Ticketstoday, if the credit account used to make the original purchase is closed, the card issuer will typically write you a check for the credit balance.  This is consistent with similar experiences I have had in the past with this type of thing.

3/24/2022 - chargeback by Ticketstoday to Chase card that has since been closed

4/4/2022 - since Chase account is closed, Chase claims to resend charge back to Ticketstoday.

5/3/2022 - Curious about where my refund is, I follow up with Ticketstoday and begin my long and arduous journey through Customer Service purgatory with Chase and Ticketstoday.  Through multiple emails, I have uncovered the following:

Chase claims and has a Transaction ID that they returned the transaction to Ticketstoday.  

Ticketstoday claims, after "escalating to the financial department" that they never received anything back from Chase.  They essentially say the issue is closed on their end, take it up with Chase.

I actually can speak to a human being on the phone about this at Chase.  When I dial the 800 number for Ticketstoday, they have a pre-recorded message saying they no longer have their phones covered with real people.  

An acceptable resolution to me is to just have Ticketstoday cut me a check.  I am inclined to believe Chase vs. Ticketstoday.  I have emailed a copy of the letter from Chase to Ticketstoday regarding their claim that they have sent back the money to Ticketstoday, but I have yet to receive a response from Ticketstoday

Any advice?

Comments

• Joe118Joe118 Posts: 67
    I am having the exact same experience. It took me a dozen emails to get TicketsToday to give me the last 4 digits of the CC I used. (it had been 2 years, I had no idea). 

I explained to them that that account has been closed for over a year. 

I called the company anyway just to verify that they didn't somehow receive the refund. Of course they didn't, it's a closed account that has been deleted in their system.

I informed TicketsToday of all of this, and they still claim the refund was sent out to this bank.

I then tried Ticketmaster, who at first told me it was a TicketsToday issue, but I finally got them to tell me that the refund was sent to a different CC number, one I don't recognize.

Today I have sent another email to each company basically rehashing the above issues, we will see what they say. 

TicketsToday has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. It's like their system is purposely designed to confuse you. They send an auto-email at first, then the next email contains a copy/paste of their policy when a refund is issued to a closed account, which basically states "call the bank". 

Also emailed TenClub with no response. For all of this trouble I would have just found a way to go to the concert in St Louis. I am going to the Nashville show.