Pearl Jam Karaoke Licensing

Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,274
edited June 2022 in The Porch
Hopefully this is posted in the right spot and more importantly, hopefully somebody in the bands inner circle might see this. 

I’m sure there’s a few of you here - karaoke nuts. I got hooked on it years ago and love singing. Long story very short, there are companies who do good versions of songs, and some companies leave you wondering if they even listened to the song before recording it.

There’s a fantastic company called Karaoke Version. You can buy their songs from their website. They have (had) the best selection of PJ I’ve ever found. Deep cuts, correct lyrics and faithful renditions. Somewhere along the way, they must have lost licensing rights to the PJ catalog. They are still able to put out backing tracks, but for some reason no karaoke with lyrics versions (except covers) are available. If you click on a song it tells you “Unfortunately, the rights holders for this work won't allow us to put it online. We are currently doing our utmost to receive the required authorizations” It’s weird because they had all their songs available until maybe late last year. 

Is there anyone that may read this that can help this company get authorizations on the PJ catalog again? Obviously a long shot just posting here, but it’s worth it to bring back the songs that mean so much to sing. 
Post edited by Jimmydean55 on

Comments

• Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,274
    edited August 2022
    Any update on this? They just put out Immortality, my favorite song. Would love to sing this at karaoke!! Any recommendations on who I could try and contact about this? 

Post edited by Jimmydean55 on