i am an ebay bastard

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i was trying to win an alesis faze and a philtre last night. i got outbid and it become clear the guy was going to pay a lot for them.

so i cranked the price on the faze by about 10 bucks in the last 30 seconds just to be an ass. i'm such a bastard.

luckily, they're $40 on MF now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i was trying to win an alesis faze and a philtre last night. i got outbid and it become clear the guy was going to pay a lot for them.

so i cranked the price on the faze by about 10 bucks in the last 30 seconds just to be an ass. i'm such a bastard.

Yeah tell me about it. I'm going to be broke if I don't watch myself. I just found a brand new $250 3 wood for 70 bucks plus shipping, I couldn't pass that up.

The Phase and Filtre sound really cool, I don't see a downside at 40 bucks.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    there is no downside at $40. especially since they approximate the seek wah on one of their settings.

we've got a friend in cali that is coming up here soon so we're going to get her to buy them and just bring them up.

so that's for the offer of help but it looks like it's covered and it'll be easier for everyone.

i could buy them directly but then i need to phone my credit card company and put the delivery address on file etc. etc. what a gong show.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222

nah, if he was willing to pay it, then tough shit. no reason to let him off easy. we are all ebay bastards at some time.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    there is no downside at $40. especially since they approximate the seek wah on one of their settings.

we've got a friend in cali that is coming up here soon so we're going to get her to buy them and just bring them up.

so that's for the offer of help but it looks like it's covered and it'll be easier for everyone.

i could buy them directly but then i need to phone my credit card company and put the delivery address on file etc. etc. what a gong show.

Ah ok, so that's why you couldn't ship to us here in the US. The california friend should be able to pick them up no problem. Cool.

I'd get one but I have to save my pennies for the CC2
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.