:eek:

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
this is a hell of deal if i was in the market for an LP.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38086&item=3737769525&rd=1

it's a 94, not a 98 though. that's just a beautiful guitar. they have one in the shop here but double the cost.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow beautiful. Looks fantastic.

It even has the California Girl Case.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    brown on the outside. pink on the inside. :eek:

mine has the same one.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    brown on the outside. pink on the inside. :eek:

mine has the same one.

I love those cases. I did decide on my original choice of the AM Deluxe Ash strat with the maple fb. It's really everything I want in a strat. All I have to do is order it because no one ever stocks it. I wish I could get it with one of the old brown fender cases with the crushed velvet inside.

My gibson case is the old black style. late 70's. It's a deluxe case I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I love those cases. I did decide on my original choice of the AM Deluxe Ash strat with the maple fb. It's really everything I want in a strat. All I have to do is order it because no one ever stocks it. I wish I could get it with one of the old brown fender cases with the crushed velvet inside.

My gibson case is the old black style. late 70's. It's a deluxe case I think.

My RI came with the tweed case with the orange velvet inside, almost as cool as the axe.
    I think someone is selling RI vintage cases. I will see if I can find it for you.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Originally posted by JofZ
    My RI came with the tweed case with the orange velvet inside, almost as cool as the axe.
    I think someone is selling RI vintage cases. I will see if I can find it for you.

Thanks, I'll have to hold off a while on the case though, this one comes with one anyway, though I'm not sure how nice. It won't be spending much time in there anyway.

check out this unicorn.

http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=565051&home=dealer
    Thanks, I'll have to hold off a while on the case though, this one comes with one anyway, though I'm not sure how nice. It won't be spending much time in there anyway.

check out this unicorn.

http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=565051&home=dealer

Wow! nice axe and the right color too. I bet it is going to sell for 30K though.
    Is the Tele market usually softer then the vintage strat market?

Cases are a PITA they take up too much space :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    Wow! nice axe and the right color too. I bet it is going to sell for 30K though.
    Is the Tele market usually softer then the vintage strat market?

Cases are a PITA they take up too much space :)

nah tele's are expensive as balls too. My personal fav right now a 1963 Esquire for $7700. If money were no object I'd pick it up but basically, a decent custom shop guitar or a Grosh, Anderson or Suhr would be much better for the money.
    nah tele's are expensive as balls too. My personal fav right now a 1963 Esquire for $7700. If money were no object I'd pick it up but basically, a decent custom shop guitar or a Grosh, Anderson or Suhr would be much better for the money.

Yeah I agree, but its a pretty safe bet any vintage axe will continue to go up in value. I do think most are overprice, but those are all inventoried through dealers. I am sure if you are "really" looking to buy that there are sources that you could contact for a more realistic price. Getting an accurate apraisal is hard as well. Most tier 1 insurance companies will only replace for FMV, and well replacement cost will far exceed FMV. Its a catch 22.

I am starting to hit the middle of nowhere swaps meets and garage sales. 3 months ago my buddy Karl Alvarex of the Descendents pickd up a nice 50 something fender bass that was spray painted red. He snatched it up for $250 and should have no problem flipping it quick for a nice profit, I told him to keep it and play it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Yeah I agree, but its a pretty safe bet any vintage axe will continue to go up in value. I do think most are overprice, but those are all inventoried through dealers. I am sure if you are "really" looking to buy that there are sources that you could contact for a more realistic price. Getting an accurate apraisal is hard as well. Most tier 1 insurance companies will only replace for FMV, and well replacement cost will far exceed FMV. Its a catch 22.

I am starting to hit the middle of nowhere swaps meets and garage sales. 3 months ago my buddy Karl Alvarex of the Descendents pickd up a nice 50 something fender bass that was spray painted red. He snatched it up for $250 and should have no problem flipping it quick for a nice profit, I told him to keep it and play it.

That 55 strat is going for $10,200 not that bad of a price.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

yeah, the bargains are in the low 1200 dollar range. The early 1960's ES-125 hollowbodies for one. Seasoned wood. P-90's. Hell if you swap out the horrid tuners that gibson puts on everything, It's a bargain at $1250 for a guitar from 1963 with serious mojo, now if you're a collector, not really but it's a cool guitar. I think the Amps are going to be prized too. Especially the middle 60's fender black faces which are just absolute treasures.