i think i've found my dirty/bass amp....

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
i'll know in 26 minutes...

boing boing boing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    i'll know in 26 minutes...

boing boing boing.

nothing like leaning against dirty pillows playing dirty bass.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    three guesses as to what it is.
    Fender Bassman?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    it's vodka-drinking cousin.
    exhausted wrote:
    it's vodka-drinking cousin.

Sovtek Mig 50?

"In Russia Road Forks You...."
    if i don't get sniped, it's a hell of a deal. barely more than a new pro jr.

5 minutes.
    i think that's a decent price. last one someone here bought was $450.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7328102579
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I was watching that auction. Seemed like a good buy.

...and another M&G member crosses to the dark side...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    i hope it works out.

i'll have fun trying cabinets for a while.

edit: appears that's the best price that model's gone for in a while. and in good physical shape. i'm getting even happier.
    exhausted wrote:
    edit: appears that's the best price that model's gone for in a while. and in good physical shape. i'm getting even happier.

Mine was cheaper and in better condition. Pbbbtttthhht!

You'll be pleased... it's not the cleanest amp in the world and exhibits some self-noise, but it's a workhorse and it's got a great, gritty texture. For an overdrive/distortion/fuzz player, it's a dream!
    yeah, but you got in on the ground floor. :p but seriously, i didn't do too bad. less than a new pro jr. it's insane.

i want it to be dirty. that'll be it's job. i want a nasty amp to contrast to the fender.

the noise won't be an issue as i'm likely going to be attentuating it most of the time and all guitars are HB equipped.
    400 US is a great deal. It should be really cool, and annoy the wifey/neighbors.
    i'm interested to see if anyone in the shop up here is even aware of these things.

and hopefully, i'll get a few opportunities to crank it open without having to attenuate.
    exhausted wrote:
    i'm interested to see if anyone in the shop up here is even aware of these things.

and hopefully, i'll get a few opportunities to crank it open without having to attenuate.

Do you feel a little dirty? I mean she is russian. She might leave you once she gets her citizenship. :D

In all seriousness it should be freaking cool, now you're pissed you sold the sole pressure. you know that's a good match.
    nah. don't miss the sole pressure. i did until i got that diamond drive. i'm very happy with the low end in it.
    exhausted wrote:
    nah. don't miss the sole pressure. i did until i got that diamond drive. i'm very happy with the low end in it.

oh yeah I forgot about that. I was checking those out before I got some new projects and neglected to eat or sleep the majority of this week. I'm very likely existing on cafinated beverages and nutrient rich protein bars
    scratch that.
    I want that cabinet for my Orange.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    I found this one overhere: Sovtek Mig 60 (€400) and an Ampeg cabinet 200W RMS, 4x12 inch (€250). Buy 'em together for €600.

Not that I'm buying though, just wanted to join in

edit: turns out I know the guy selling. Well I've talked to him anyway.
    exhausted wrote:

They sound great cranked, just plug straight in and pull the volume up to about 75%. Saturates really nice, too, for a solid-state recto.

Here's another... the entry price ain't bad, but the Buy-It-Now is a little high:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7329704092

Nailz, you taking notes?
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I just had to do this.

exhausted wrote:
    i need someone who wants to do beats and (perhaps) bass in calgary.
    puremagic wrote:
    Am I reading this right or maybe just hoping beyond hope that YOU are actually going to start sharing all that talent with others in the form of local jam sessions or an actual band?
    exhausted wrote:
    meh. it'll never happen.
    puremagic wrote:
    Never say never.
    exhausted wrote:
    weirdness.
    and by coincidence, i'm thinking of trying out for a band as a bassist. that could be a trainwreck.
    exhausted wrote:
    i think that's a decent price. last one someone here bought was $450.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7328102579

Good luck! I think you'll connect well with bass playing.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    haven't heard from them in over a week. doubt it'll happen.