for wilco fans

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
nels cline's pedalboard currently.

http://www.nelscline.com/tech.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I really want to be a wilco fan, I'm picking up some CD's soon.

I am not trying to break your heart.

that thing is awesome, if anything, it reassures me that I have great taste in what sounds good.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    get "summerteeth" for sure. i think that's a good bridge between old wilco and new wilco. it's my favourite record anyway.
  • Damit dude I was hoping you recorded a Wilco cover!!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Damit dude I was hoping you recorded a Wilco cover!!

if i was playing out right now, i'd probably have a couple wilco songs in my quiver but since i'm just recording my own things at home and not gigging, i haven't done any covers for a while. definitely an influence in the fact that they layer noise on tracks a lot though.
  • Wilco's an amazing band. Not many bands can pull off all that electronic noise live, like they can.
    I have all their cd's, and it's amazing to see the progression starting from an acoustic country type band, then as time goes by, little guitar noises start to happen here and there in the acoustic songs, then full tilt pedal driven screeching fuzzy guitar in the last 2 albums.
    It's like they got a fuzz pedal and some money, then went shopping at Manny's in NYC !

If you get Being There, then Summerteeth, then Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, you'll have a nice little history of guitarists getting addicted to gear! :D

I have a frien who's on tour with them now, as a guitar/ stage tech/ McGuyver guy.

Well, he used to be my friend,,, he didn't call me when they were playing here to get me in! :mad:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    if i was playing out right now, i'd probably have a couple wilco songs in my quiver but since i'm just recording my own things at home and not gigging, i haven't done any covers for a while. definitely an influence in the fact that they layer noise on tracks a lot though.

Understandable for sure man. No need to do covers if you're recording.