okay, new song

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
come clean

it's based on a movie i saw this weekend called "the secret lives of dentists" that campbell scott made. he played steve in "singles". a really interesting movie. rather wrenching actually. denis leary is in it as well.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/secretlivesofdentists/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Awesome tune Ex...the chorus is really strong. I felt myself singing harmonies over it the whole time... You always seem to write alot of those really catchy ballads.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    thank you.

i'm sure these things would have more energy if i had collaborators but i guess sitting in a cold corner of my basement sort of breeds this kind of thing.

i'm trying to develop more range but it's tough. i'm happy when i can write anything at all right now.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I'd be happy to Jam with you and add some Vox and guitar to your tunes....that is if I lived in your neck of the woods. Have you tried looking for a band?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    no, i haven't looked. i don't have any interest in a band at this point in my life. i have no time right now. i seem to get maybe 1 hour to myself a day these days.
  • cableguy119cableguy119 Posts: 114
    Much better than Corwin and Sleater-Kinney :) I say he opens the next tour.
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
    i'd get bottled off in about 3 seconds :p
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    exhausted, this is excellent again, really, really good.

oh and that movie is very interesting, great acting all around, and the song really fits the story and everything, again great job:)
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    hey exhausted, still listening to your song, I know jack shite about music, but I just wanted to add something, I love the guitar part, beginning at the 3.03 mark, that is some sweet sounds there:)
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason
    Originally posted by JDE-PJ
    hey exhausted, still listening to your song, I know jack shite about music, but I just wanted to add something, I love the guitar part, beginning at the 3.03 mark, that is some sweet sounds there:)

thanks. i'm glad you liked it. the effects i used are sort of the same things mike uses a lot. biggest difference being the hands attempting to play. :o
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    thats great ex! i took some time to listen to all your material. impressive composing my friend. solid, solid songs. i'd like to hear an extended version of 'if i said'. and hell, 'we began' sounds like it could make radio play. keep up the good work!
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    thanks tele.

i'm still trying to decide what to do with these damn songs. some days i want to play them for everyone and other days i can't stand them.

and still other times, like tonight, i have completely dead hands and ears and lost all my tone. i tried to start a better recording of this and it just wasn't happening. i need to change the lyrics slightly too.
  • Survo-Survo- Posts: 72
    taker all ur songs, make a cover, buy good glossy paper, make te back tray and evertying, buy cd labeler and sell!