Where's the party tonight in Sac?

gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
Where we get to drown our sorrows....

Comments

• NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
     :( 
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 888
    edited May 2022
    Total bummer.....my daughter was downtown and went to check out the merch tent at 1:00....said that they were breaking it down before selling anything when I called her to tell her the show had been cancelled...as she was walking away from the obviously disappointed merch staff (who were understandably a bit rude when she asked if anything was going to be sold--she is 17 yo for god's sake) some people in line were asking her what they were doing...she had the unfortunate duty of informing them that the show had been cancelled.  God damn Covid...the gift that keeps on giving...

I really am sorry for all of you that travelled to see the show here-Now that your night is open, can I recommend Tapa the World, Hook & Ladder, SacYard Community Tap House, Aioli Bodega, and Mikuni (downtown) for places to eat, drink and be merry....There are places on the Sacramento River - Rio City Cafe comes to mind.  Do not go to Joe's Crab Shack...just my personal experience.

If you are still interested in seeing music a band (person?) called Dorothy is playing at Ace of Spades ($25)  
    https://dorothyonfire.com/
    Listen to her on your music service....it's not Pearl Jam but it's not nothing.....
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    Total bummer.....my daughter was downtown and went to check out the merch tent at 1:00....said that they were breaking it down before selling anything when I called her to tell her the show had been cancelled...as she was walking away from the obviously disappointed merch staff (who were understandably a bit rude when she asked if anything was going to be sold--she is 17 yo for god's sake) some people in line were asking her what they were doing...she had the unfortunate duty of informing them that the show had been cancelled.  God damn Covid...the gift that keeps on giving...

I really am sorry for all of you that travelled to see the show here-Now that your night is open, can I recommend Tapa the World, Hook & Ladder, SacYard Community Tap House, Aioli Bodega, and Mikuni (downtown) for places to eat, drink and be merry....There are places on the Sacramento River - Rio City Cafe comes to mind.  Do not go to Joe's Crab Shack...just my personal experience.

If you are still interested in seeing music a band (person?) called Dorothy is playing at Ace of Spades ($25)  
    Listen to her on your music service....it's not Pearl Jam but it's not nothing.....
    People in sun a long time .. and not even selling stuff? Makes no sense. Funny you mentioned Joes cause I'm at Delta King abs was gonna go there for happy hour... thanks!
  • Total bummer.....my daughter was downtown and went to check out the merch tent at 1:00....said that they were breaking it down before selling anything when I called her to tell her the show had been cancelled...as she was walking away from the obviously disappointed merch staff (who were understandably a bit rude when she asked if anything was going to be sold--she is 17 yo for god's sake) some people in line were asking her what they were doing...she had the unfortunate duty of informing them that the show had been cancelled.  God damn Covid...the gift that keeps on giving...

People in sun a long time .. and not even selling stuff? Makes no sense. Funny you mentioned Joes cause I'm at Delta King abs was gonna go there for happy hour... thanks!
    The Delta King is weirdly awesome I think...where else can you stay in a refurbished paddlewheel riverboat that is now a hotel....?  If anyone decides to see music at Ace of Spades, there is a killer bar on the same block called Shady Lady...they have good food (steak salad is terrific) and good libations....Again-so sorry for everyone who made a trek here...I wish I could throw a party at my house for you.  If anyone is interested in going to my daughter's senior awards night just ping me....it may not be fun but it'll sure be boring.  :)
  • ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 275

Dorothy is an AMAZING band live. Definitely check them out tonight if you can. Make the best of a crappy situation - I know how disappointed everyone is and I'm so sorry for everyone, especially the sick members of the band. Stay safe, all! 
  •  

Dorothy is an AMAZING band live. Definitely check them out tonight if you can. Make the best of a crappy situation - I know how disappointed everyone is and I'm so sorry for everyone, especially the sick members of the band. Stay safe, all! 
    The show isn't sold out yet....can you imagine if the entire force of PJ fans who had already blocked out their night for music descended into Ace of Spades and made the Dorothy show something raucous...?
  • The Shady Lady is a really good bar on the corner of the block where the music venue is....highly recommended for preshow...

The show isn't sold out yet....can you imagine if the entire force of PJ fans who had already blocked out their night for music descended into Ace of Spades and made the Dorothy show something raucous...?
              this is a good idea
    edited May 2022
    I'm at the Hoppy Brewing Co Railyard near the Delta King.. looks ok to start with.. it's almost Hoppy Hour 
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • markholzmarkholz Posts: 10

Just bought tickets to Dorothy. LFG!!! Take a sad song and make it happy….
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    If anyone finds somewhere with outdoor seating options and a good jukebox/an understanding staff who will let us play some PJ let me know! 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,614
    Hey Stone & Josh, if you're reading this: how about a pop up at some bar?
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    If anyone finds somewhere with outdoor seating options and a good jukebox/an understanding staff who will let us play some PJ let me know! 
    Yes!
  • If anyone finds somewhere with outdoor seating options and a good jukebox/an understanding staff who will let us play some PJ let me know! 
    https://sacyard.beer/

Great beer selection (wine and cider as well)...outdoor seating...I bet someone with the name jammergirl could talk them into turning it into a PJ night...then roll over to Ace of Spades for Dorothy...this is starting to come together.

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Except its Jazz night there!! :o
  • Except its Jazz night there!! :o
    Boooooooooooooooooo

There is this place....next to a bar called the Golden Bear.....

https://www.goldenroad.la/pubs/pub-sac
  • markholzmarkholz Posts: 10
    We are going to Dorothy. On another thread, a local said “The Shady Lady is a really good bar on the corner of the block where the music venue is....highly recommended for preshow...”. 

Come find us…I’ll be the one in a PJ hat, celebrating my 50th birthday, crying. 
    markholz said:
    We are going to Dorothy. On another thread, a local said “The Shady Lady is a really good bar on the corner of the block where the music venue is....highly recommended for preshow...”. 

Happy Special Birthday, hope you get to celebrate in another way, sorry it's not with Pearl Jam.  
    markholz said:

Happy 50th... the 5-0s aren't so bad 
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    .I bet someone with the name jammergirl could talk them into turning it into a PJ night  Oh I can be very persuasive! Some of us are gonna check out Sauced around 6, look for our group on the outdoor patio. Gonna see if the staff will play some PJ for us poor souls! Come say hi, I'll be wearing a Purple Rain shirt. 
  • JW46593JW46593 Portland, Oregon Posts: 6
    At the Shady Lady! Rocking red I’m Analog T-shirt. Stop by, we’re visiting from Portland. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    Jungle Bird is a fun tiki bar with strong drinks...
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    Bar at the Sheraton Grand 
  • Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    Well, stayed at home and picked up some 'in and Out'  earlier and cracked a brand new Kirkland "american" vodka bottle and started on my new RC car. We all grieve in our own ways.  Its a 2011 TAMIYA 'Blitzer Beetle" for those that care.
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2