Josh Klinghoffer Appreciation Thread

So I'm fresh off the 2 shows in Oakland and want to offer a huge THANK YOU to John Fucking Klinghoffer for being an absolute hero and a one-person ARMY during these shows. I mean, my God man!!!  Your talent, energy, and obvious love for music, for Pearl Jam, and for its fans are a sight to behold and a gift to our ears.  Thank you so much, Josh, for stepping up and saving these 2 great nights.  (Obviously, Josh wasn't the only drummer-hero of these shows ... but this thread is dedicated to him.  He deserves it.)
Give way to nature ...

Comments

• PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    He deserves a lot of credit. I wasn’t at either show, but I appreciate and respect the hell out of him. Definitely a hero. He stepped into a difficult situation. THANK YOU, JOSH!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    He is clearly a talented mf’er.  Very good addition 
  • MissMay82MissMay82 Posts: 10
    So I'm fresh off the 2 shows in Oakland and want to offer a huge THANK YOU to John Fucking Klinghoffer for being an absolute hero and a one-person ARMY during these shows. I mean, my God man!!!  Your talent, energy, and obvious love for music, for Pearl Jam, and for its fans are a sight to behold and a gift to our ears.  Thank you so much, Josh, for stepping up and saving these 2 great nights.  (Obviously, Josh wasn't the only drummer-hero of these shows ... but this thread is dedicated to him.  He deserves it.)
    Thank you for posting this.  I live in Las Vegas and missed out on this tour entirely.  So I’ve bern listening to a lot PJ radio and on my second listen of the 2nd Oakland show and he doesn’t miss a thing (almost).  I’ve heard some of Richard’s drumming and it wasn’t what I wanted to hear.  During Interstellar Overdrive I had to start searching the forum for someone to talk to to about this.  What a superb musician. 

I did have the good luck to see EV and the Earthlings in San Diego in February and I could not take my eyes off Josh.  I’d never heard of him and was intrigued when u googled him.  His love for playing music just radiates. That was a hell of show.  

Thank you Josh!  Enjoying the shit out of the shows even though I can’t see em.  
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 210
    I think we may need to dust this thread off and raise a toast to one kick ass show last night  - thanks Josh for saving Fort Worth...get well Matt!  For what it is worth...Rest up Matt, maybe Jack can come out out of retirement on the 18th and treat us to a Yield Show...one can dream.
  • BC62528 said:
    I think we may need to dust this thread off and raise a toast to one kick ass show last night  - thanks Josh for saving Fort Worth...get well Matt!  For what it is worth...Rest up Matt, maybe Jack can come out out of retirement on the 18th and treat us to a Yield Show...one can dream.
    they pretty much did a Yield show last night
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • How was Josh on drums??? What difference to the sets / songs?? were they as tight as usual when MFC is on form??
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    edited September 2023
    How was Josh on drums??? What difference to the sets / songs?? were they as tight as usual when MFC is on form??
    I wasn't there but the feed I saw he sounded great. The only complaint may have been that he played at a faster tempo which is easy to do if you aren't playing all the time.

But I haven't seen anyone else make that complaint so maybe it's just me.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • How was Josh on drums??? What difference to the sets / songs?? were they as tight as usual when MFC is on form??
    I wasn't there but the feed I saw he sounded great. The only complaint may have been that he played at a faster tempo which is easy to do if you aren't playing all the time.

But I haven't seen anyone else make that complaint so maybe it's just me.
    He didn’t play anything faster that someone else didn’t start. He even started Not For You at the same tempo as the record and Ed kept pushing and pushing him to speed it up. 
    Gave her love away
    Put it in my pocket when it should've been framed