i wrote a piece of music on piano....

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
for the first time in my life. i can almost sing at the same time too in bits and pieces.

of course, because i'm not a very skilled keyboard player i'll be damned if i get take a decent take on tape without making a mistake somewhere. and it's only 3 minutes long. ugh.

but at least i used something other than root chords. i actually got some inversions in there. but i still can't play more than one note with my left hand. i need to concentrate too much on what's going on in the treble side.

i think i have the beginnings of carpal tunnel from it too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,450
    Originally posted by exhausted
    for the first time in my life. i can almost sing at the same time too in bits and pieces.

of course, because i'm not a very skilled keyboard player i'll be damned if i get take a decent take on tape without making a mistake somewhere. and it's only 3 minutes long. ugh.

but at least i used something other than root chords. i actually got some inversions in there. but i still can't play more than one note with my left hand. i need to concentrate too much on what's going on in the treble side.

I love piano. I just started playing 7 months ago, but ive played guitar for 10 years. But im falling in love with piano
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by miller8966
    I love piano. I just started playing 7 months ago, but ive played guitar for 10 years. But im falling in love with piano

i used to take lessons as a kid for 7 years or so but it was classical and i hated it and i was never that good. now that i can just play whatever and finally have a full-sized keyboard, i love it again but it's still a struggle.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i used to take lessons as a kid for 7 years or so but it was classical and i hated it and i was never that good. now that i can just play whatever and finally have a full-sized keyboard, i love it again but it's still a struggle.

same with me. I hated structure. I love just playing.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • anOmisanOmis Posts: 223

ohh no..he/she plays the piano
    *burns hers*

signature
    the greeck chick who wont bang fat dudes!

p.s..thats great..the first time is always the most difficult
    u will find yerself reaching the piano petals more often from now on
    did u write it on some lyrics..or it just came up out of nowhere?
    ~~dont mind yer make up, just make up yer mind~~

~~its better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you are not~~

F.ZAPPA
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i write music first generally and just sing syllables that fit over top. then i'll hammer in proper lyrics.
  • i play guitar, and have no clue how to play piano. but whenever i sit down in front of one, i can always come up with some cool sounding chords that i can change around and make a little ditty that sounds really cool. its fun.
    knowledge is a tree
    it's growing up just like me.