GA and Reserved Tix On Same Phone Oakland

VaritekVaritek Posts: 8
Hi Folks. Anyone go to Oakland Arena last night with tix for GA and Reserved on same account? Received email yesterday saying you need to go to Box Office before show if you do. Wondering if anyone went through this process last night…

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    Just do it... 
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    I had that exact situation, and thankfully I'd read that email...it said, I believe, "go to box office," and of course there isn't anything called that, so I went to the will call/ticket sales line, and the girl I talked to...had no idea what I was talking about and was totally confused. She ambled off to ask someone, not encouraging...I'd been thinking about how we were going to handle it so as she was off I told my friend my plan: My son and I use the two GA tix, go in the south entrance, get our wristbands, and then I would log out of my TM account on my phone. My friend then logs in on his phone using my email and password, and presumably/hopefully would be able to use the two seated tix to get in.

However, as I was telling them this and just as he was trying to log in to my account, the girl came back with some guy and the official solution was they magically printed a pair of hard tix for the two seats. So my friends just used those and my son and I went in using the GA tix on my phone.

Long story not so short, go ahead and go to the box office, you may encounter someone as I did who seems clueless, but clearly there are enough people in this situation like you and me that they addressed it in that email, so have patience and eventually they'll get it figured out and print you hard tix for your seats. But if all else fails, I think my idea would probably work too. We were there a little after 8 and there were no lines, but that may not be the case when you want to go in so you could try my workaround if you just want to get in quick.

But to that point, my son and I went into the pit at like 8:45 and got pretty close, it was only really packed about six people deep. So the pit was pretty chill, enthusiastic and a couple stumbling idiots here and there, but otherwise great.
  • VaritekVaritek Posts: 8
    I had that exact situation, and thankfully I'd read that email...it said, I believe, "go to box office," and of course there isn't anything called that, so I went to the will call/ticket sales line, and the girl I talked to...had no idea what I was talking about and was totally confused. She ambled off to ask someone, not encouraging...I'd been thinking about how we were going to handle it so as she was off I told my friend my plan: My son and I use the two GA tix, go in the south entrance, get our wristbands, and then I would log out of my TM account on my phone. My friend then logs in on his phone using my email and password, and presumably/hopefully would be able to use the two seated tix to get in.

However, as I was telling them this and just as he was trying to log in to my account, the girl came back with some guy and the official solution was they magically printed a pair of hard tix for the two seats. So my friends just used those and my son and I went in using the GA tix on my phone.

Long story not so short, go ahead and go to the box office, you may encounter someone as I did who seems clueless, but clearly there are enough people in this situation like you and me that they addressed it in that email, so have patience and eventually they'll get it figured out and print you hard tix for your seats. But if all else fails, I think my idea would probably work too. We were there a little after 8 and there were no lines, but that may not be the case when you want to go in so you could try my workaround if you just want to get in quick.

But to that point, my son and I went into the pit at like 8:45 and got pretty close, it was only really packed about six people deep. So the pit was pretty chill, enthusiastic and a couple stumbling idiots here and there, but otherwise great.
    You are the absolute best!! This is exactly what I needed to read, thanks so much for sharing your experience with me. Have been a bit panicked on how this could go down and this put my mind at ease. Can’t wait for tonight, first PJ show since Missoula in 1998…

You're totally welcome, and in a funny coincidence, our pre-show-dinner waiter last night's only PJ show was...Missoula '98.

But how have you not seen them since then?!?
    That’s pretty wild. 
    Missed chances over the years. It just kind of happened.
    That being said, I have never stopped listening to them and could not be more excited to see them from the pit tonight. 
    Life can do that for sure...but glad you're going, I'll be in the pit again tonight, can't wait to see what's in store!
    Right on. I will have a Wednesday Night Titans t-shirt on. Say hey if you see me. Thanks again for the info