a got a new job

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
so i bought a fender blender. i'm not sure why. i think for the sort of ring mod filter thing that stereoscope clone i had did. that wasn't a well made pedal though. this should be better. got it at a decent price too.

and if i can figure out how, i'm going to put an octave bypass switch on it.

and with my new job, there are potential annual bonuses for being a good little worker bee. like big bonuses.

like "i'm buying a 59 ES-335 dot from gibson custom someday in the next couple years with lots left over" big.

but holy shit am i stressed about resigning here and moving on. i've been here almost 8 years but i need the change.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Congrats man. Sometimes you just need a change. Good luck.

Let me know how you like the Fender Blender, I'm currently bidding on one on eBay.
  • exhausted wrote:
    so i bought a fender blender. i'm not sure why. i think for the sort of ring mod filter thing that stereoscope clone i had did. that wasn't a well made pedal though. this should be better. got it at a decent price too.

and with my new job, there are potential annual bonuses for being a good little worker bee. like big bonuses.

like "i'm buying a 59 ES-335 dot from gibson custom someday in the next couple years with lots left over" big.

but holy shit am i stressed about resigning here and moving on. i've been here almost 8 years but i need the change.

Like Neil Young said 'If i dont change, I'll die'

Everyone needs a change, every now and then. shit, I'm kind of in a transition period myself. just split with my GF because she says i love Guitars more than her.

I didnt deny it either. I've been spending more and more time Jamming with my band mates. the more we play, the better it gets, making me want to play even more. i wanna make rock, sod everything else.

*rants*

Sorry, post how the Blender fairs out, i would like to know what it can do:-)
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i need to learn how to proof read for one thing.

ah got ah new jahb!!!

i'm not much of an octave up guy but i plan to use it more like a glitchy fuzzy filter type effect more than the balls out thing like corgan did.

the sound of the clone i had was good, but the build quality was very poor.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:

awesome, change is scary, but it's also refreshing. 59 ES-335 gibson custom shop Dot REFRESHING!!

you need a Skreddy Mayo to run into it too. Trust me. I think I might get a screw driver. Just listen to the clips WOW.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    as much as i love high gain, in my music, i'm really just a low gain kind of guy.

if i do use high gain, it's for filters or things that are buried in the mix. like the blender, mostly filtering.
    exhausted wrote:
    as much as i love high gain, in my music, i'm really just a low gain kind of guy.

if i do use high gain, it's for filters or things that are buried in the mix. like the blender, mostly filtering.

most all of us start with the gain on 15 and work backwards. I'm sure at 12 I might have even found the metalhead..."cool" *shudder*

I just figured if you were going for SP stuff, what better than the Mayo.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    well, the deal is done. faxed off my acceptance. wow.
    exhausted wrote:
    well, the deal is done. faxed off my acceptance. wow.

nice, change is good, new great family, new great job. It will be a breath of fresh air and you'll feel wanted and needed. Good stuff.
  • can I borrow 5 bucks?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    nice, change is good, new great family, new great job. It will be a breath of fresh air and you'll feel wanted and needed. Good stuff.

yeah, i pretty much have a bullseye painted on my back over there, in a good way, thanks to all the folks i know there. there are 4 or 5 people in very high positions that i have worked for in the past so there is a lot to live up to.

i'm not working directly for anyone i know though.

my wagon is now firmly hitched to the oilsands.
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, i pretty much have a bullseye painted on my back over there, in a good way, thanks to all the folks i know there. there are 4 or 5 people in very high positions that i have worked for in the past so there is a lot to live up to.

i'm not working directly for anyone i know though.

my wagon is now firmly hitched to the oilsands.

you keep shipping it, I'll make sure it stays in the pipe.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    you keep shipping it, I'll make sure it stays in the pipe.

I'll make sure you are both following the applicable regulatory guidelines set forth by both federal and state governments.

:D

That and help clean things up if/when there is a release of any kind.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I'll make sure you are both following the applicable regulatory guidelines set forth by both federal and state governments.

:D

That and help clean things up if/when there is a release of any kind.

now there's an oxymoron for you.....Government Regulation :D