selected my mastering software....

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
of course, i finalize the decision after trying a demo....

but, since part of it comes with protools LE and thus there is a solid foundation in place, i'm going to try t-racks first.
http://t-racks.com/Main.html?TRInfo

analog modelled EQ/comp/limiter/etc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Which version are you looking at acquiring.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Which version are you looking at acquiring.

Nevermind, I was looking at the Bundle and not the individual packages available.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'll get the RTAS plug-ins for protools LE.

i don't think i'll get amplitube (i get some of it with LE anyway along with sampletank) as i've spent so much time working on guitar tone externally. not that i'm against the digital modelling given my love for a couple of the line6 boxes.

now i don't need to get sound forge to stay in 24bit land. which is nice. i'm happy about that.

i'll keep using my copy of sound forge 5 to create and edit samples though.

i really hope i can make interesting music will all this stuff. i am going to spend tons of time working on the loops and textures that i've not really been able to incorporate so far.

this is one of the big reasons i went with protools. it opened up doors to learn so many other packages at the same time.
    Nice packages, like the sampletank2, the STRETCH feature combined with looping capabilities means your going to have some amazing fun experimenting.
  • Have any of you tried the Digidesign Maxim plug-in for ProTools?
    www.PintoMusic.com
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    re: maxim. not yet. it'll come with the mbox package i've bought so i'll see what it's like once i'm up and running.

it seems to be encompassing the boosting/limiting which was pretty much all i did with sound forge before. perhaps that, coupled with the t-racks EQ that comes bundled as well, will be enough for me.

so many options..... luckily, i'll be able to dump some of my old recordings off my old standalone recorder and start playing with the mastering capabilities right away and see where things stand.