20th Wedding Anniversary? Let's go to Oakland to see Pearl Jam!

My wife is pretty amazing.  We had a trip to New York (sans kids) to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  When the Oakland dates were announced...they coincided with the exact dates of our planned trip.  Without flinching my wife says, let's just go to NYC the first week of May, that way we can still go to the Pearl Jam concerts (my obsession, not hers).  By the way, had never been to NY before - it was amazing!  So for our 20th we'll be at Oakland night 1, hit Alcatraz on Friday, then do Oakland night 2.  She's pretty amazing!  I mean I guess I could have said my tenure with the 10C is 6 years older than our marriage and my relationship wit PJ music is even more than that...but I don't say things like that -- that's why I've been married for 20 years.  Anyhow, just wanted to shout out to my amazing wife and my (our) excitement for the two Oakland shows.  Also, next week taking my 16 year old to his first PJ show in Sac.  Super excited.  
“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

Comments

• Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    Sounds like you got one of the good ones! I don’t know if my wife would do the same, especially if NYC is involved! 😂 But we’ve been married for 22 years and she understands my passion for the band and their music. And even though she doesn’t go to all the shows with me, after this leg she’ll have seen 13 shows with lucky 13 being Vegas!! Luck be a lady, tonight! 😎🎲🎸
  • Very nice! Happy Anniversary!!!

My husband and I celebrated our 28th anniversary at the Tenadelphia show. Pretty amazing gift to us as we'd attended all 10 of those Philly shows. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore