it's actually cheaper than buying locally

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
if you can figure out how to read japanese.

MIJ jaguar
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    if you can figure out how to read japanese.

MIJ jaguar

meesa don't speaka nipponese.

but hell, translate and go for it. Vacation to Japan and not Scotland.

Imagine the factory tours you could go on......
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    meesa don't speaka nipponese.

but hell, translate and go for it. Vacation to Japan and not Scotland.

Imagine the factory tours you could go on......

i'm trying to decide whether to bother saving my pennies and ordering one this fall. i'm going to talk to my shop here because i know they've order MIJ stuff (bigsby tele) before so maybe they have a line in.

but this translates to about 800US + shipping versus the $1400 that southpaw wants for them.

or i'll just buy the damn fuzz factory and some small tube amp.
    exhausted wrote:
    i'm trying to decide whether to bother saving my pennies and ordering one this fall. i'm going to talk to my shop here because i know they've order MIJ stuff (bigsby tele) before so maybe they have a line in.

but this translates to about 800US + shipping versus the $1400 that southpaw wants for them.

or i'll just buy the damn fuzz factory and some small tube amp.

or just the fuzz factory, you do already have a DRRI.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    the vexter FFs are being carried by buzzfox now which means i can get one without hienous shipping and import fees.

however, i have a line on a new handpainted one for about the same price since it's local and there is no tax or shipping.

decisions decisions. tax refunds are a nice problem to have. my wife and i each get a chunk to play with and the rest goes to savings.

i created a great fuzz face patch in my pod using the deluxe reverb amp coupled with the 2x12 from the twin reverb with the fuzz face effect patch and some EQ. so i have the "typical" fuzz face sound available to me. but i really am jonesing for the more fucked up stuff a factory can do.

actually that amp/cabinet combination makes a great starting point for lots of stuff in the pod. i should send the patch to bob for his xt live.
    exhausted wrote:
    the vexter FFs are being carried by buzzfox now which means i can get one without hienous shipping and import fees.

however, i have a line on a new handpainted one for about the same price since it's local and there is no tax or shipping.

decisions decisions. tax refunds are a nice problem to have. my wife and i each get a chunk to play with and the rest goes to savings.

i created a great fuzz face patch in my pod using the deluxe reverb amp coupled with the 2x12 from the twin reverb with the fuzz face effect patch and some EQ. so i have the "typical" fuzz face sound available to me. but i really am jonesing for the more fucked up stuff a factory can do.

actually that amp/cabinet combination makes a great starting point for lots of stuff in the pod. i should send the patch to bob for his xt live.

you know it would be cool if you looked for an old, cheap bassman head, like 70's or late 60's and then just built yourself a cab or something with webbers. run that with the fuzz factory on all the time pedal on top, and switch between them with an AB box. then the controls would be at hand, where you want them any how, that, or hook up a TIP third hand (left hand drive) to the STAB knob. The stab control is what makes that pedal golden.

for instance, 67 silverface.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1288&item=7312508239&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
    that's the beauty of the fuzz probe since the stab is foot controllered. i just can't deal with the price premium though. the third hand is a good option in that regard. i think matt bellamy's built in FF has the stab knob accessible. i assume the other four controls are little internal pots in the guitar.

unless it's a small champ or vibro champ, i can't get into another amp due to volume etc.

i just record now so i create sounds as i need them. having a "rig" per se is less and less important.
    exhausted wrote:
    that's the beauty of the fuzz probe since the stab is foot controllered. i just can't deal with the price premium though. the third hand is a good option in that regard. i think matt bellamy's built in FF has the stab knob accessible. i assume the other four controls are little internal pots in the guitar.

unless it's a small champ or vibro champ, i can't get into another amp due to volume etc.

i just record now so i create sounds as i need them. having a "rig" per se is less and less important.

ah, you know what would be sweet though would be a Univalve and some little 2x10 cab or so. it's got a built in hotplate and you could get into a whole new realm of wasting money......... vintage tubes.

ultimately I'm just dreaming myself.

the FF would be fun especially with a way to control the stab with your feet or easy access with your hands..

(the theremin is cool but a little wierd and almost unuseable) kind of like the price/value determination of the whammy.

By the way, once it stops raining I'll be at the Masters all weekend, then on Sunday I get to go see Matt Bellamy and Muse with Razorlight. 10 bucks.

Who says you can't go see a good show for cheap?
    i should have snapped up that used univalve when i had the chance. it was a great deal.

here's a question and i figure it works in theory but reality is different.

i have an 8ohm 12" speaker. can i wire it in parallel with an 8 ohm load (just a resistor) and create a 4 ohm. the math works. then i could run a old champ through the bigger speaker which would sound much better to me.
    exhausted wrote:
    i should have snapped up that used univalve when i had the chance. it was a great deal.

here's a question and i figure it works in theory but reality is different.

i have an 8ohm 12" speaker. can i wire it in parallel with an 8 ohm load (just a resistor) and create a 4 ohm. the math works. then i could run a old champ through the bigger speaker which would sound much better to me.

yeah, that would work fine as long as the amp thinks it's seeing whatever it wants to see, talk to Kendrick out in texas, Clark, or the guys from Victoria, they make thier living out of cramming bigger speakers into little champs.

Essentially though, you can run 8ohms into four with no issues. you can't run 4 ohm speaker with an 8ohm amp, because that overloads it.

but yeah that should work.