Is there a GA line for Oakland?

stevedsteved Posts: 657
We called the venue and were told there is no camping out at the complex. Does anyone know if that is correct? Thanks 
1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

Comments

• iamloco724iamloco724 Posts: 1,441
    steved said:
    We called the venue and were told there is no camping out at the complex. Does anyone know if that is correct? Thanks 
    The arenas make the rules, in Phoenix you couldn't line up before 9am day of show.. Some people showed up slightly earlier than that. 
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    I'm here!! First in line baby!!!! 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,985
    Wait I don't see you. I'm the only one here.
    Maybe you're in the wrong spot.
    Loujoe said:
    Maybe you're in the wrong spot.
    LOL, no you're in the wrong spot. :smiley:
    On a more serious note, I just received this email from the Oakland Arena: 

COVID-19 EVENT REQUIREMENTS

All attendees ages 2 and older of events inside Oakland Arena MUST wear face coverings.

It is strongly recommended that all attendees ages 2 and older of events at Oakland Arena verify that they are fully vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19.

Visit here for more information.

Event Timeline: Thursday, May 12 at 7:30 pm

Doors Open: 6:00 pm

Entrances:  Main Plaza, East, North, South and South Tunnel for GA. 

Parking Open: 5:30 pm

Please note that parking fees must be paid with a cashless form of payment. We take Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card as well as 'Tap to Pay'.

Box Office Will Call Open: 5:00 pm

To pick up Will Call tickets, please proceed to the venue's main Box Office located on the plaza level between Oakland Arena & RingCentral Coliseum.

Guests picking up Will Call tickets are required to show a valid photo ID in their name. The name on the valid photo ID must match the name on the Will Call ticket envelope. No exceptions to this policy can be made.

Bag Check: Bag check is not available.

Visit here for our FAQ page.

Cashless Payment: We are now cashless inside the venue, parking gates and box office. Visit here for more information. 

I'm in my basement listening to primus. The right spot!!
    Have fun. Excited for you all!
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 461

All attendees ages 2 and older of events inside Oakland Arena MUST wear face coverings.

It is strongly recommended that all attendees ages 2 and older of events at Oakland Arena verify that they are fully vaccinated or have tested negative for COVID-19.

Please note that parking fees must be paid with a cashless form of payment. We take Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Card as well as 'Tap to Pay'.

To pick up Will Call tickets, please proceed to the venue's main Box Office located on the plaza level between Oakland Arena & RingCentral Coliseum.

Guests picking up Will Call tickets are required to show a valid photo ID in their name. The name on the valid photo ID must match the name on the Will Call ticket envelope. No exceptions to this policy can be made.

Cashless Payment: We are now cashless inside the venue, parking gates and box office. Visit here for more information. 

Yeah I did a double take. Didn't know they were requiring masks.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    Those times make no sense. I highly doubt parking will open as late as 530. Why would will call open at 5?
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    There is a A's game at 6:40 as well - at least it will be over long before the Show is over-- The parking time must be for the arena premium parking - not the general lots. 
    Does PJ sell masks at the merch stands? 
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742

then you click on the link they provide and it says as of April 2022 mask requirement is dropped but it is strongly recommended.. Oh well. I will have a beer in my hand to my lips all night regardless
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,551
    There is a A's game at 6:40 as well - at least it will be over long before the Show is over-- The parking time must be for the arena premium parking - not the general lots. 

No A's game tomorrow night. They're still in Detroit.
  • ten474ten474 Los Angeles Posts: 168
    What time are people lining up?  And any idea exactly where to lineup?
    2000: Los Angeles, San Bernardino
    2003: Irvine, Las Vegas, Santa Barbara
    2006: Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2011: Mexico City
    2013: Wrigley Field, Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2014: Austin City Limits Weekend 1
    2015: Mexico City
    2016: Fenway N1 & N2
    2018: Seattle N1 & N2, Missoula, Boston N1 & N2
    2021: Ohana I, Ohana II
    2022: San Diego, LA N1 & N2, Oakland N1 & N2, Fresno
    2023: St. Paul N1 & N2
    2024: Vancouver N1 & N2, Vegas N1 & N2, Los Angeles N1 & N2, Seattle N1 & N2, Dublin, Manchester, Missoula, Wrigley N2

• WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    JR86440 said:

then you click on the link they provide and it says as of April 2022 mask requirement is dropped but it is strongly recommended.. Oh well. I will have a beer in my hand to my lips all night regardless
    Exactly...I'll buy the biggest drink I can find and nurse it the whole show (or at least till it runs out and then I buy another), no way I'm wearing a stupid, useless mask during a rock concert..I'm fully vaxxed and had Covid three months ago, this Kabuki Theater nonsense has got to stop...not blaming the band, it's the stupid venue's fault (just like it's Barts's fault for being the only public transit system in the Bay Area to "require" masks when the rest of the country has moved on...)
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Yep. Idiots running California that’s for sure. But then again, idiots running every state in the country 😀. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Loujoe said:
    I'm in my basement listening to primus. The right spot!!

Those damn blue collar tweekers just sold out the local show here.  Arrrgh, waited too long to buy…

No A's game tomorrow night. They're still in Detroit

Oakland Athletics vs. Los Angeles Angels

More Info

Fri • May 13 • 6:40 PM
    RingCentral Coliseum, Oakland, CA
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    Please be careful and take care of each other. There was an incident in the 2013 GA line in Oakland. 

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/225849/thank-you-oakland-ga-line-from-larissa

"...I changed by not changing at all..."