RC: Eating tix on this tour

Never thought I'd be eating PJ tix but here we are. I thought I could make the Oakland shows but I didnt book a flight in time before they went up to ridiculous prices. I figured they would easily re-sell on F2F but there's a ton of tix available, so I know they wont sell. 

Oh well. That's the way the cookie crumbles!

Comments

• WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    I'm sure this has been mentioned in all these threads about tix since early 2020, but they really ought to at least allow below-face resale on Stubhub so fans like you don't get stuck eating tickets. Obviously, you're probably not going to find a buyer at face with all the others available, but if you wanted to dump them for $50 each to someone willing to pay that much in the secondary market so you don't take a total loss, you should be able to (plus the venue would be more full!). But TM/LN are probably glad that you can't do that, and that's probably part of the overall deal.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    We got to OAK yesterday and the 2 bartenders who have asked us what we're in town for had no idea Pearl Jam was playing.  Both knew the band, but had no idea there were shows here.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I had 10C tix for tomorrow's show and my partner tested positive so we aren't going.. how do I pass on my 10C tickets? I am lost on this process and maybe I can't if I am not there in person?? Thanks for any help..
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
    I had 10C tix for tomorrow's show and my partner tested positive so we aren't going.. how do I pass on my 10C tickets? I am lost on this process and maybe I can't if I am not there in person?? Thanks for any help..
    Go to your TM account. Select the "Sell" option under your tickets and you can post them for resale for face value (no more, no less).  Your only option.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I had 10C tix for tomorrow's show and my partner tested positive so we aren't going.. how do I pass on my 10C tickets? I am lost on this process and maybe I can't if I am not there in person?? Thanks for any help..
    Go to your TM account. Select the "Sell" option under your tickets and you can post them for resale for face value (no more, no less).  Your only option.

Thank you... the tix are not under my Ticketmaster account. I had bought these in 2020 originally, along with the LA night 1 & 2 and those weren't in my TM account either :-/   I wonder if it's because they're fan club tix + rescheduled shows there's some sort of glitch?
    I had 10C tix for tomorrow's show and my partner tested positive so we aren't going.. how do I pass on my 10C tickets? I am lost on this process and maybe I can't if I am not there in person?? Thanks for any help..

Thank you... the tix are not under my Ticketmaster account. I had bought these in 2020 originally, along with the LA night 1 & 2 and those weren't in my TM account either :-/   I wonder if it's because they're fan club tix + rescheduled shows there's some sort of glitch?
    If you still have 2020 US/Canada tickets (10C or regular), they are in your TM account.  Only 2020 Europe tickets are in your 10C "My Tickets" page and would need to be picked up by the buyer.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,842

given2fly23 has been correct in response.  Maybe you have a separate TM account you bought under and forgot.  Eitherway, there were no hard tickets for this tour or will call.  All through TM.  
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 90
    I'm sure this has been mentioned in all these threads about tix since early 2020, but they really ought to at least allow below-face resale on Stubhub so fans like you don't get stuck eating tickets. Obviously, you're probably not going to find a buyer at face with all the others available, but if you wanted to dump them for $50 each to someone willing to pay that much in the secondary market so you don't take a total loss, you should be able to (plus the venue would be more full!). But TM/LN are probably glad that you can't do that, and that's probably part of the overall deal.

Yes, agreed. Or let me set the price UP TO face value on TM. Regular TM resale ("Verified Resale Tickets" or whatever it's called) for other shows let you set whatever price you want. So why cant we have something similar for PJ that limits it to face value?

At the end of the day, TM/LN wins yet again. 

given2fly23 has been correct in response.  Maybe you have a separate TM account you bought under and forgot.  Eitherway, there were no hard tickets for this tour or will call.  All through TM.  
    Thanks for your help. I can't imagine having another account, I've checked all my other email address and it says no account with that email exists.. but who knows. I sent a support email so we shall see. Thanks again!

Thanks for your help. I can't imagine having another account, I've checked all my other email address and it says no account with that email exists.. but who knows. I sent a support email so we shall see. Thanks again!
    Were they 10C or regular sale?

10C sale 

10C sale 
    Then the email would be from “ticketstoday”
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    edited May 2022

10C sale 
    If you're the original buyer of the tickets, we received a separate email to claim the tickets shortly after receiving our lottery results that said we got tickets (and were charged for them). It was from Ticketsoday with the subject line "Your Pearl Jam Tickets Are Here for (insert show here) ACTION REQUIRED" You had to click through and claim them, and then they would show in your Ticketmaster account.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • kasedoug said:

10C sale 
    If you're the original buyer of the tickets, we received a separate email to claim the tickets shortly after receiving our lottery results that said we got tickets (and were charged for them). It was from Ticketsoday with the subject line "Your Pearl Jam Tickets Are Here for (insert show here) ACTION REQUIRED" You had to click through and claim them, and then they would show in your Ticketmaster account.
    Hi, yes I did get an email from Ticketstoday - it said this (I copy/pasted below) so I did nothing.. it did not say to "claim" the tickets. 

Dear Ten Club Member,

Your Pearl Jam event has been rescheduled. Your tickets are still valid for the rescheduled event.

Ten Club Receipt ####
    Ticketmaster Order #####

Pearl Jam
    Oakland Arena
    Oakland, CA
    Rescheduled Date: Thu, May 12

Previously purchased tickets are valid for the rescheduled date. If you cannot attend the rescheduled date and desire a refund for your ticket, instructions are below. You have until the end of day on March 21, 2022 to reply to this email and request a refund. Any refund requests that are emailed after this date will not be honored.

Keep Your Tickets
    Your current tickets and seat locations will be honored for the new date, and no action is needed.

Request a Refund
    Any tickets you request a refund for will automatically be voided and no longer valid for entry.

Step 1: Before You Request a Refund
    Confirm all tickets you are seeking a refund for are in your Ticketmaster account.

Step 2: Submit a Refund Request
    Please reply to this email requesting a refund by March 21, 2022 and we'll refund the full order amount, including fees, to the payment method used at the time of purchase. Your refund should be posted to your account within 30 days.

Questions?
    Have additional questions? Please reply to this email.

Ten Club Tickets
  • kasedougkasedoug Posts: 2,933
    The email to claim the tickets would have come after you got the tickets from the lottery back in 2020.
  • kasedoug said:
    The email to claim the tickets would have come after you got the tickets from the lottery back in 2020.
    Oh yes, I did claim them back then. I think that's why the more recent email said my tickets will be honored for the new date.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Wolf359 said:
    Never thought I'd be eating PJ tix but here we are. I thought I could make the Oakland shows but I didnt book a flight in time before they went up to ridiculous prices. I figured they would easily re-sell on F2F but there's a ton of tix available, so I know they wont sell. 

How much were the flights?
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    We got to OAK yesterday and the 2 bartenders who have asked us what we're in town for had no idea Pearl Jam was playing.  Both knew the band, but had no idea there were shows here.
    It's crazy how they haven't promoted these shows at all...I've had friends in Fresno and Sac tell me the same thing. nothing on local rock stations or billboards. they are both casual fans and were shocked when I told them they were playing there. 
    PJammin' said:
    Wolf359 said:

$400 r/t from Seattle. Last time I flew it was $275 or so r/t. Even if I had gone, none of my Bay Area friends could make the Thursday show, so I'd be eating at least one ticket anyways had I gone. 
    It's crazy how they haven't promoted these shows at all...I've had friends in Fresno and Sac tell me the same thing. nothing on local rock stations or billboards. they are both casual fans and were shocked when I told them they were playing there. 
    Yup. The first waiter went straight to StubHub and said he couldn't find anything. I had to explain F2F to him.

Yup. The first waiter went straight to StubHub and said he couldn't find anything. I had to explain F2F to him.

yeah thats probably another reason the shows are undersold...everyone expects shows are sold out instantly and goes straight to the secondary market.
  • lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618
    Wolf359 said:

Yes, agreed. Or let me set the price UP TO face value on TM. Regular TM resale ("Verified Resale Tickets" or whatever it's called) for other shows let you set whatever price you want. So why cant we have something similar for PJ that limits it to face value?

Extremely frustrated, flexibility should be priority #1 right now with Covid but with this Ticket Exchange process fans are getting screwed at all time levels. Came down with Covid last week, already ate my N1 Oakland seats and now looking at potentially losing $600 worth of tickets to Sacramento. Would happily sell for less than face value but not an option. You can’t dictate what resell prices should be when the market is flooded and demand low. Fans are better off waiting til the days before the show to purchase now. Feel bad for those in the fall who’ll likely not be able to attend for various reasons but are sitting on tickets with zero value. This was a great strategy 20 years ago, awful right now with all the uncertainty. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,842
    Wolf359 said:

Extremely frustrated, flexibility should be priority #1 right now with Covid but with this Ticket Exchange process fans are getting screwed at all time levels. Came down with Covid last week, already ate my N1 Oakland seats and now looking at potentially losing $600 worth of tickets to Sacramento. Would happily sell for less than face value but not an option. You can’t dictate what resell prices should be when the market is flooded and demand low. Fans are better off waiting til the days before the show to purchase now. Feel bad for those in the fall who’ll likely not be able to attend for various reasons but are sitting on tickets with zero value. This was a great strategy 20 years ago, awful right now with all the uncertainty. 
    East Coast shows have a better chance of being sold even at PJ Premium prices considering they are mostly sold out versus West Coast. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,415
    This happened in LA as well. The uber driver I had didn't even know they were still around. He thought the seattle bands were all done. They didn't really promote the rescheduled dates at all or try to release a track for radio.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    Wolf359 said:
    PJammin' said:
    Wolf359 said:

$400 r/t from Seattle. Last time I flew it was $275 or so r/t. Even if I had gone, none of my Bay Area friends could make the Thursday show, so I'd be eating at least one ticket anyways had I gone. 
    That really sucks. I’m very sorry. 👎
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    PJammin' said:
    Wolf359 said:
    PJammin' said:
    Wolf359 said:

It wont be the last ticket I eat in my life. That's just how it works sometimes.

That all said, I sold my Oakland pair of pits to a fellow 10C (Costanza) and we coordinated the drop over the phone. I feel like I got a new friend out of it, which is something you can't put a price on. 
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    Wolf359 said:
    PJammin' said:
    Wolf359 said:
    PJammin' said:
    Wolf359 said:

It wont be the last ticket I eat in my life. That's just how it works sometimes.

That all said, I sold my Oakland pair of pits to a fellow 10C (Costanza) and we coordinated the drop over the phone. I feel like I got a new friend out of it, which is something you can't put a price on. 
    Did the same with a trade for my sac ticket. Worked surprisingly well 
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas