greetings from a small, northern alberta town

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
how's it going kids? wireless internet saves the day. at least i can check in on things once in a while.

i put this in M&G because the only people that really give a shit are in M&G.

so... hi.

things i've learned so far:
- nomex doesn't breathe well.
- the smell of oil gives me headaches.

and that's about it. work is going well. things are behind with construction though so it looks like i'll be here longer than originally thought. we'll have to see. i'm still hoping to be back in early sept.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    hey ex. greetings from a large, central indiana city. nascar is in town here. yeehaw! i think those guys wear quite a bit of nomex.

good to hear things are well. what type of work is it you're doing? what's the town you're in?
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    hey man,

i'm staying in cold lake, alberta but the actual site is about 40 miles away.

we're starting up a little oil facility and i'm working on the control system programming for it. we're commissioning all the measurement instrumentation this week and hopefully starting up by the middle of the month. once it's running smoothly and there are no hiccups, then i'll be able to leave.

we're stuck in the hotel right now because the control room isn't even ready yet. we've got computers set up and wired between the rooms. it's kinda nuts. my boss is on site taking care of issues with the physical instruments and i'm here at the hotel programming. it's all just logic really.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Sounds like "Northern Exposure" for the 21st Century...

Hope you have something with 6 strings to keep you warm at night.

Good to hear you'll be connected... have fun!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i brought my acoustic and a tape recorder. started a new song last night. i hope to come home with at least a couple new songs.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Hey Ex...you're in My neck of the woods Eh? (we Canadians say "A") Yeah, cold lake is about a couple hours from my home dwelling of Edmonton, never been there befrore, but I know where it is. Must suck to be away from the Fiance' for that long though huh, and stuck in a grubby old hotel room. If you come down to Edmonton this weekend you could actually come watch me play. Telesonic....what the hell do you mean Yeehaw....not all of us live on farms you know.....well some do...hahaha
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by exhausted
    how's it going kids? wireless internet saves the day. at least i can check in on things once in a while.

i put this in M&G because the only people that really give a shit are in M&G.

so... hi.

things i've learned so far:
    - nomex doesn't breathe well.
    - the smell of oil gives me headaches.

and that's about it. work is going well. things are behind with construction though so it looks like i'll be here longer than originally thought. we'll have to see. i'm still hoping to be back in early sept.

- nomex doesn't breathe well. - No it doesn't, not at all.

Take care,
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Don't know.....never wore it, or heard of it. EX, let me know if you're gonna be in my city.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    well it's no Saudi Arabia, but It'll have to do.

Glad you made it on for a little while. Maybe the break will be a good one and you can write some new tunes. Hey enjoy it, your in some of the most beautiful country in the world judging from the pics from my parents.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Originally posted by exhausted

we're stuck in the hotel right now because the control room isn't even ready yet. we've got computers set up and wired between the rooms. it's kinda nuts. my boss is on site taking care of issues with the physical instruments and i'm here at the hotel programming. it's all just logic really.

so it's PLC type of stuff you're doing ex?

nailz, that yeehaw wasn't referring to any of the ruralness of alberta. i really wouldn't be one to talk considering i'm surrounded by cornfields here in indiana...land of hoosiers. i was referring to the fact that NASCAR stockcar racing was in Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400 over the weekend. But i don't think many canadians know much of it since most nascar fans are of the redneck variety that reside in the southern US. so thats what my yeehaw was for. i was saying that the drivers and pit crews wear nomex in their suits to prevent getting burned. anyways....yeehaw! toss me a cold budweiser!
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Its all cool Telesonic *Throws a Kokanee instead*

"you know that Canadian beer is like moonshine"

We're actually playing one of the better clubs/ pubs in town this weekend....be kinda cool if Ex showed up.
    Originally posted by nailz100
    Its all cool Telesonic *Throws a Kokanee instead*

"you know that Canadian beer is like moonshine"

We're actually playing one of the better clubs/ pubs in town this weekend....be kinda cool if Ex showed up.

hell yeah nailz! i'll take a kokanee! i love that stuff. consumed quite a few of them on my visit to BC last summer. good luck with the show.
    Whereabouts in BC did you go?
    Originally posted by nailz100
    Whereabouts in BC did you go?

vancouver, nanaimo, victoria, kamloops. i actually stayed with a fellow PJ fan that lives in burnaby, who i had met in seattle at the key arena shows in dec. '02. absolutely beautiful part of the country i must say. i really want to go back. when i was in kamloops, you could see a bunch of the smoke from those forest fires that were ablaze.
    Yeah, I flew over the smoke last year going to Vancouver Island....I go every year. I leave in 2 weeks to go back there for the Salmon run....Sweet