the old tascam 788 is gone

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
after almost 5 years.... that thing served me well..... i don't know how many hours of use i put on that thing and it never let me down. i traded it back in on saturday in the exact same condition i bought it in.

i hope this computer system stands up as well. i'm enjoying using protools much much more. unfortunately, i don't really have any new songs to record so i doubt i'll be putting up any music up for consumption for a while. i'm just redoing old ones and taking advantage of having 32 tracks at my disposal. and trying to learn fruity loops and the other 10 software packages i have all of a sudden.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Good luck with all your new stuff, exhausted!
    I hope to hear new things coming.

I guess you'll have some time, I saw that you are moving on jobs? Good luck with that, too. It's fun and exhilarating to walk away from something. Usually the main problem is thinking later,"Why the Hell didn't I do that years ago!

I'm still trying to learn to print pictures with the computer, let alone edit music! Digital and I just don't seem to jive. I'm good at guitars and pedals and amp chains, but once it goes into a computer I'm a hopeless case!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

they made some concessions that kept me from resigning but i stated i still had my eyes open and couldn't promise i'd stick around.

as for the recording software, the basics are a snap. it's the complicated stuff i haven't delved into too much yet. the sequencing programs etc. the basic recording is no tougher than any other sort of recording device.
  • Originally posted by exhausted

as for the recording software, the basics are a snap. it's the complicated stuff i haven't delved into too much yet. the sequencing programs etc. the basic recording is no tougher than any other sort of recording device.

I have respect for people that can do that stuff. I just don't have it, and probably is what made me get out of music. Not guitar or anything, but sound and such. I have friends that were on the last Stones tour doing sound and lights. I went backstage in Philly (Actually, their control center is under the stage). Just one glance and I could not believe the scene.
    I told my friends, "Man, you guys would fire my ass in 2 minutes if I was working here!"
    I need knobs to turn for some reason. Must be because I only have 8 good braincells left over!:D
    I just bought a computer, though, and was thinking of putting in protools. That should be interesting. If you saw me trying to fiddle with pictures on Photoshop elements, you would slap the back of my head silly and push my rolling chair away and yell, "just stop it!" "Get away from that computer!":D
    Be kind, man

software is nice. everything's graphical which is a realm i work better in. a nice change from a little 2x2 inch LCD screen.
  • Alright,,,, you've inspired me! I'll give it a go again.
    Maybe I'll hire the 6 year old kid next door to tutor me on how to use it!:D

I'm out for the day, have a good one.
    Good luck with your job, too.
    Be kind, man