i'm buying a bass today

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i'm going to pick up a mexican jazz bass i believe unless i can find something else left-handed that appeals to me more.

they have a black one and a sunburst but i think i'll order up a new white one and take the black one in the interim.

then i'm going to get either a tech21 bass driver and an aphex punch factory or a used original bass pod they have.

i'm only going to be recording direct with this so that's my only consideration. i don't need any power amp or speakers.

i'm sacrificing my fun money piggy bank, my OC-3 and my FM4 i think.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    very cool...

I was fiddling on bass the other day...

I'm not very good. :D
    There's No Code.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    neither am i but i used to have one and enjoyed it.

bass is the missing component in my studio. i have guitars, keys, software drums.... just need a bass.

the guitar/oc-3 combo i was using got tiring even though i liked the sound for certain things.
  • How come with all these cool tunes you're writing and all this equipment you haven't got yourself a band?
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
    i don't have enough time or patience for a band. i enjoy creating on my own much more.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I thought you liked the FM-4?

I'm getting a Rogue Violin Bass
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i do like the FM-4 but i'll get more utility out of a bass.

i'll get another FM-4 at some point.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i do like the FM-4 but i'll get more utility out of a bass.

i'll get another FM-4 at some point.

ah, true Basses are fun too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Very cool! Im still saving up for my 1st bass, but I cannot decide on which one to get. :)
    06/06/03, 07/06/06

And I learned that I was a liar
    Just like you
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    *tear*

All the world needs is more bassists
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • I finally have a P-Bass and a J-Bass, and I've got 90% of the tonal options I want. I could still use a Rickenbacker 4003 and a Music Man Sting Ray... and then maybe convert my J-Bass to fretless...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I want to buy a bass too.
    Any comments about the Squier P-Bass Special 4-string?

I'm not planning to really start playing bass, but want to use it to give me guitar recordings some low end. So no gigging.
    I'm pretty sure it would meet my basic needs. It has a P-Bass body, Jazz neck. P pickups and a bridge Jazz pickup.
    I really like the look and sound of the Fender P-Bass, but don't want to spend too much money on it right now...
  • Originally posted by stefanwa
    I want to buy a bass too.
    Any comments about the Squier P-Bass Special 4-string?

I'm not planning to really start playing bass, but want to use it to give me guitar recordings some low end. So no gigging.
    I'm pretty sure it would meet my basic needs. It has a P-Bass body, Jazz neck. P pickups and a bridge Jazz pickup.
    I really like the look and sound of the Fender P-Bass, but don't want to spend too much money on it right now...

For a cheaper option, that's a pretty good deal. I've seen quite a few Squier basses out on the road, too, and they sound alright and hold up well. Resale value sucks, but what can you do?

I actually really want the Mexican Fender version of that same bass... the P-Bass Deluxe. For about $550, it's probably the most versatile passive bass for on-stage ever.
    i ended up with the sunburst mexi jazz bass (sucker for sunburst) and, because there was a big price drop and i could afford it, a bass PODxt. i love pods.
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    and, because there was a big price drop and i could afford it, a bass PODxt. i love pods.

There's a used original Bass POD here in town at a pawn shop... $150...

Halfway tempting, it is...