i'm lucky my wife didn't string me up by my nuts

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
she just shook her head and laughed.

the strat's gone though. i'lll miss it a little bit.

looks like this:http://www.smalltownmusic.com/home/guitarpage/larrivee.OM19.front.jpg

mine's deleted the "california" at the 12th fret and has a b-band A2 with dual transducers. it's been sitting in the shop for two years. the guy that ordered it bailed on it and i finally gave in.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    she just shook her head and laughed.

the strat's gone though. i'lll miss it a little bit.

looks like this:http://www.smalltownmusic.com/home/guitarpage/larrivee.OM19.front.jpg

mine's deleted the "california" at the 12th fret and has a b-band A2 with dual transducers. it's been sitting in the shop for two years. the guy that ordered it bailed on it and i finally gave in.

wow, usually that's when they cook you a nice meal, so they can lay into you later, but screw it, you need a good acoustic, that things awesome and you can write sappy love balads about how much you love her on it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's a nice complement to my mahogany backed morgan. a little brighter at the top and not as bassy at the bottom. and so comfortable.

sitka and AAA indian rosewood. larrivee dude figured there were 7 or 8 made in total. mine's actually signed inside by wendy larrivee as well.

the only issue is that i'm not sure i love the b-band. it may get replaced with my favoured active i-beam someday. however, the stereo tranducers are nice to have for recording.
    exhausted wrote:
    it's a nice complement to my mahogany backed morgan. a little brighter at the top and not as bassy at the bottom. and so comfortable.

sitka and AAA indian rosewood. larrivee dude figured there were 7 or 8 made in total. mine's actually signed inside by wendy larrivee as well.

the only issue is that i'm not sure i love the b-band. it may get replaced with my favoured active i-beam someday. however, the stereo tranducers are nice to have for recording.

yeah that's true, but it's not so tough to take out the B-band. I've really liked all the Larrivee's I've played, my buddy prefers taylors because he says Larrivee fret finishing leaves a bit to be desired, but we were being extrordinarily picky. The Parlor is one of the best sounding small guitars ever created.

I love the combination of sitka and rosewood, full and rich, not to bright. Engleman sometimes gets too bright in color and in tone. You tend to prefer a more mellow top end too I think, I bet you like Cedar tops as well.

Basically you just got a killer OM with stereo transducers at a non astronomical price. Congrats *pats back*
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    haven't had too much opportunity to play cedar tops unfortunately. i basically just have to go by how good a guitar fits me. it's a totally arbitrary evaluation.

this was a crime of opportunity. if i was to order something, i would have probably ended up with a taylor 314.

this one's up in the 700 series range as far as woods and details and i would never have bought it save for a smoking deal. i'm going to have to sacrifice for a long while but i figured it was worth it for a rare instrument.

and hey, i can play acoustic without pissing the baby off.
    exhausted wrote:
    haven't had too much opportunity to play cedar tops unfortunately. i basically just have to go by how good a guitar fits me. it's a totally arbitrary evaluation.

this was a crime of opportunity. if i was to order something, i would have probably ended up with a taylor 314.

this one's up in the 700 series range as far as woods and details and i would never have bought it save for a smoking deal. i'm going to have to sacrifice for a long while but i figured it was worth it for a rare instrument.

and hey, i can play acoustic without pissing the baby off.

yep, and yesterday was el dia de los padres.

Turns out you don't ever have to play Madison Square Garden to be a guitar hero. :D

I should copyright that and send it to Larrivee with a picture of you playing a lullaby.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    man...just learn a sweet ballad or two, and serenade your lady with that fine new acoustic. She'll forget all about the thousands of dollars you spent ;)
    i wrote her a bunch of songs over the last couple years. maybe that's why i got away with it.
  • Nicely done Exhausted.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Wendy's work is amazing, you have the palm and everything?

I really would love a Larrivee OM, they're gorgeous guitars. I'd go with all-koa for mine, though... I've got a koa fetish. I've seen some lackluster fret-level jobs on some of his, so I hear that... but it's an easy fix, and the rest of the guitar is amazing for a factory guitar.

I think my next acoustic is going to be the Epiphone J-160E (John Lennon). I'd put an acoustic pup in it, but I haven't decided which one... I lean towards the I-Beam or the Schatten.

Enjoy, Ex, you got one of my dream guitars...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    yeah, it's got the palm and some MOP in the rosette. but it was ordered without the 12th fret inlay thankfully. the guitar's 2.5 years old, 9/2002 to be exact, but brand new since they hung it high and no one played it.

no fret issues so far and i went and had an even closer look after that was mentioned.

i love OMs. it just fits so well. my morgan is basically what larrivee calls an "L" or concert body and has the same degree of comfort so i got a good pair going.