How big have the GA pits been?

Just curious if it's a small portion of the floor or more like half the floor or whatever. I have 2 shows coming up next week with pit tickets and won't be able to get there super early to get a great spot but am interested to know that maybe if the pit isn't that big I'll still be in a good spot anyway. Anybody who's been to a show so far let me know or even better if you have a picture that shows how big it is that would be cool to. Thanks in advance.
Stunned by my own reflection, it's looking back sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again. Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down.

Comments

• ClownofThornsClownofThorns Posts: 165
    I walked into the LA show about 6:10 yesterday. Only about the front 1/3 of the pit was full. I'd say it's about 1/3 of the floor, but you can get pretty close even if you arrive (relatively) late. 
  • SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    I walked into the LA show about 6:10 yesterday. Only about the front 1/3 of the pit was full. I'd say it's about 1/3 of the floor, but you can get pretty close even if you arrive (relatively) late. 
    Incidentally, the Forum's floor is significantly larger than a normal arena's. Even with the extra reserved floor seating, the PJ GA pit there is probably the largest of any of the arena dates on the tour.
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    Just check out the TM map (assuming you're talking about Oakland): Pearl Jam Tickets May 13, 2022 Oakland, CA | Ticketmaster
  • U2SJU2SJ Posts: 65
    If we want to lay low towards the back is there some room or is the whole pit packed tight? is there a rail at the back at all? thanks!
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,574
    U2SJ said:
    If we want to lay low towards the back is there some room or is the whole pit packed tight? is there a rail at the back at all? thanks!
    I would assume it is like prior tours and there is plenty of room in the back of the pit. 

We tend to arrive late and just hang out where it isn't too crowded. That is the perfect setup for us.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,215
    I was in the very back of the pit for LA1 against the rail between Jeff & Eddie at it was tight.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,895
    edited May 2022

JojoRice said:
    I was in the very back of the pit for LA1 against the rail between Jeff & Eddie at it was tight.  
    Think I might have ran into you. I stopped at the back to say hi to a friend in B and some dudes from ATL mentioned they were at Foo Fighters pre-Super bowl show in ATL (shirt I was wearing).

Pit looked pretty tight throughout based on pics taken from behind the stage 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,215
    SHZA said:

JojoRice said:
    Think I might have ran into you. I stopped at the back to say hi to a friend in B and some dudes from ATL mentioned they were at Foo Fighters pre-Super bowl show in ATL (shirt I was wearing).

Pit looked pretty tight throughout based on pics taken from behind the stage 
    Yep that was us! Ya, I think it was pretty tight all around.  We had reserved seats on Stone's side for night 2 and the pit looked just as tight as night 1 did. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.