Please play "Comes Then Goes"

BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,352
I didn't expect this track to be the bastard child of Gigaton.  My money would have been on "Buckle Up" or "Alright," but each has been played live (and "Buckle Up" has been played twice).  "Comes Then Goes" seemed like the perfect "first song of first encore" track, at least the way the sets used to be constructed.  Anyway, six shows in (Sea Hear Now, Ohana x 3, S.D., L.A.) and "Comes Then Goes" is the only Gigaton track that hasn't been performed live.  Here's hoping this is rectified tonight in L.A.

(It would also be nice to hear "Take the Long Way" again.)
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Comments

• BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    It would be a good pre set song by Ed
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • WMAmoricanWMAmorican Posts: 247
    edited May 2022
    Totally agree...I hate to say, two years on I'm just not digging Gigaton that much, but "Comes Then Goes" is in my top four (along with Wolfmoon, DOTC and TTLW). Hope to hear it at one of the Jokeland shows!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    edited May 2022
    There are few songs of Pearl Jam's that I care never to hear. I think there may be even one and that one is Comes Then Goes.  I get lyrically it is important, but maybe if they cut it down live to 3 minutes.   It isn't a bad song, just my personal opinion.   Interesting how all our tastes can be different (although not too different as we are all here because we love PJ).  Maybe my opinion will change if I hear it live.  Just goes on too long and I fear I will fall asleep.  

I hope they play it at your show.  

• aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Lol. I hadn't even seen this and posted the same thing in another thread. I think it'd be prefect to open encore 1. Haters be damned, it's one of my top two from gigaton.
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Posts: 372
    Hoping to see this in Oakland or Sacramento 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel